The Engineering Team at Workrise are building our next generation marketplace, we are focused on domain-driven design, organised into agile cross-functional teams composed of Engineering, Product and Design. Engineers at Workrise are key contributors to the design & build of the core features & services that underpin our next generation marketplace. The role doesn't just focus on shipping code/product, it also involves taking a holistic outlook and using skills & knowledge to influence the technical direction of our products.
We need motivated and self-directed engineers who want to deliver real business value. Are you a delivery focussed engineer that seeks to understand the purpose of your project and how it fits into the larger view? Do you see mistakes as learning opportunities, not just for you, but for our team as well? Are you an engineer that is passionate about high-quality code, you consistently leave code and projects better than you found them? Do you take a proactive approach to continuous learning, actively encourage positive change and leading by example?
Sound like you? Keep reading
We are Hiring Front-End & Back-End engineers across both Senior and Staff level.
Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes & Docker, React.js, Typescript, Material-UI, Apollo, Graph QL, Node.js, Kotlin, Java, NestJS, MongoDb, PostgreS.
What You'll Be Doing
- Help design, build and deliver the services, applications and domains that power our platform - shaping the product features and experiences of our technology marketplace
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Engineers to take ideas from concept to delivery - balancing the desire to ship code with the responsibility to get it right
- Contribute to our culture improving how we deliver as a team - helping us to leave things better than we find them & making it easier for all of us to get stuff done
- Support, coach and mentor Engineers within our team - sharing your insight, knowledge and experience as we learn & grow together
- Exert your passion and thinking to shape the technical direction of our product domains - using best of breed languages, frameworks and technologies to make a difference
What You Should Have
- 5+ years of relevant software development experience & best practices (full software life cycle)
- In-depth understanding of the Technologies, Tools & Frameworks in our Tech-Stack
- Hands-on knowledge building on cloud service platforms such as GCP, AWS or Azure would be a bonus
- Delivery focussed with solid experience building products in a microservices environment
- Passion & curiosity for technology, you’ll bring a creative approach to solving business problems
- Proven track record in learning new technologies and applying that learning quickly
- Experience in remote collaboration with teams in different timezones
If your expertise is Frontend - in-depth understanding of front-end technologies & frameworks; If your strength is on the Backend - practical exposure of CI/CD pipelines for your production service
We get that Engineers can often have diverse technical backgrounds, if you have production scale experience (Vue, Angular, Go, Kotlin, Python, Scala, C# etc) and are interested in porting to a new tech stack then we would be open to chatting with you.
What we offer
- A competitive base salary & market leading equity package (pre-IPO)
- Annual performance related bonus opportunity of up to 20%
- 25 days of annual leave plus 11+ statutory days
- Premium Medical, Dental and Optical cover - day 1 cover for you & your family (and pre-existing medical conditions)
- Pension - matching employer contribution of 6%
- Group Critical Illness & Life Cover
- Flexible approach to remote working with a Belfast City Centre base
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous wellness allowance - monthly reimbursement for wellness activities
- Learning and development budget
- Significant WFH office contribution
- Generous family friendly policies
- Personal travel allowance after 3 years of service
- Regular social events, team lunches and offsite days out
We embrace diversity in all of its forms and foster an inclusive environment for all people to do their best work with us.
We're an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status