Sunny days, holiday plans, rising temperatures, thinking about the beer garden… many of us find it harder to concentrate during the summer months and are more easily distracted. Whether you are working from home or back in the office, we have put together some top tips to ensure you are as productive as possible, which in turn frees up more time to do the things you love!
- Take regular breaks try the Pomodoro Technique, a world-famous productivity method consisting of short 2--minute bursts of focused study (one pomodoro) followed by a5-nute break before moving on to your next 25-minute “pomodoro”. Getting up regularly to stretch your legs or get a drink can clear the mind and help you focus.
- Complete the hardest tasks first – research has shown that people who execute the hardest tasks first are more productive than those who start at the easiest and work their way up! It makes sense to tick off the most difficult first and use your energy where it is needed most.
- Eliminate distractions – to kill your procrastination, kill your distractions. Whether you are in the office or at home remove the things that will take your focus away from the task at hand. Try putting your phone on “work mode” to stop any distractions throughout the day.
- Get outside –Spending time outdoors will recharge your batteries and the Vitamin D will give you a boost of energy to help power the rest of your day.
- Fuel your body- making sure you are fuelling your body by eating whole foods that boost brain power and drinking lots of water will help keep you focused and will dramatically improve your productivity and mood!
- Let light in –open the blinds and expose yourself to natural light in your workspace- we guarantee this will make you feel energised, more engaged and sleep better.
- Block your calendar – set aside time each day to complete tasks and stick to these blocks as best as possible. This will make you more productive, ensure you meet deadlines and make people in your team aware of what you are working on.
- Nail your morning routine- find what works for you in the morning; whether that’s a walk, meditation, gratitude lists or maybe it’s just a large cup of coffee before looking at your phone, finding what brings you joy first thing will set you up for a happier and more productive day.
Make you are following MCS Group for our latest blogs, insights, opportunities and more top tips to help you be productive this summer!