MCS Group is delighted to be recruiting in exclusive partnership with our client Artemis Technologies for a Senior Electrical Engineer.
Artemis Technologies are developing their engineering and design operations at their prototype facility in Northern Ireland and are looking talented engineers to join their team.
- Working with the design team, you will be responsible for the specification of the onboard electronics systems. This includes specifying and designing the electrical installation of the instrumentation, control systems, battery systems, electric motors, telemetry, sensors and wiring systems.
- Coordinate and collaborate with technical partners, to deliver ground-breaking solutions for electrical Drivetrain marinization.
- Responsible for commissioning, calibration, and setup of these electronics systems.
- Work closely with the rest of the systems team to ensure the full systems package is of the highest standard.
- During operation of the prototype you will assist with day to day maintenance, fault finding and implementing solutions for the reliable operations of all electronics systems including preventative strategies.
- Support the boat development programs where required.
- Ensure that the systems meet the appropriate regulations where relevant.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum BS in Electrical, Automotive, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or similar field.
- 5 years' experience in a racing motorsport, aerospace, or a racing marine environment or similar.
- Motivated and self-driven.
- Highly collaborative with strong team working ability.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Expert knowledge of battery and high voltage DC systems (360V and above) including charging.
- Good knowledge of CAN bus systems.
- Ability to calibrate complex instrumentation systems in static and real time environments
- Able to integrate and develop novel sensor technology into marine applications where required.
- Working knowledge of rapid prototyping compiled code and ECU hardware on motorsport type systems.
- Able to design wiring harnesses for the complete boat.
- Good knowledge of marine navigation and HMI systems.
- Good understanding of Matlab, Simulink, and Pi Toolbox would be a plus.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Kirsty Dillon Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google