MCS Group are proud to have been retained by their client, a global pharmaceutical company supplying products to 120 countries worldwide to bring to market a Head of Pharmaceutical Development position. This is an amazing opportunity to lead the the R&D Pharmaceutical Team of one of the biggest companies in NI with a hugely recognised brand who place massive investment into their development with state of the art facilities and a market leading portfolio of products.
Your New Role:
- Lead the R&D team in the development, scale-up and characterisation of new product formulations.
- Provide strategic guidance to both formulation and analytical teams in the support of new product introduction.
- Support and implement QbD approach to Pharmaceutical Development.
- Monitor and identify areas for continuous improvement within the team.
- Oversee pharmaceutical development GMP laboratories and ensure they are always in a state of audit.
- Support the introduction and maintenance of KPI's within the Pharmaceutical development GMP and formulation laboratories.
- Conduct risk analysis in support of the Tech Transfer process within the Pharmaceutical Department in regards to formulations manufacturing processes and analytical methods.
- Provide support in the compilation of budgets for the pharmaceutical development teams.
- Follow all COSHH and other H&S requirements to ensure a clean and safe working environment within the laboratories.
- Lead an active role in troubleshooting technical issues cross functionally.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- A degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacy or a related subject.
- 10+ years experience practical lab experience in a regulated environment.
- Experience in formulating borth sterile and non-sterile dosage forms and experience in developing and validating analytical methods.
- 8 years experience of lab management in a regulated environment.
- Experience of using QbD principles for pharmaceutical development.
- An advanced degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Pharmacy or a related subject is preferable.
- Experience of managing multi-functional formulations and analytical teams is preferable.
This is an amazing opportunity to lead the R&D in one of the largest pharmaceutical companies worldwide with huge investment in capital expenditure and a vision to become the best in their field. The company are offering an appealing benefits package and salary.
Full details, including salary and the full excellent benefits package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Timothy McNeill, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 07592492206
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.