MCS Group is currently working alongside CCEA to recruit two Senior Marketing and Communications Officers for a 6 month contract. A salary of £34,728 - £38,890 will be on offer for the successful candidates.
The post holder will support the Communications and Engagement Manager in managing the strategic and operational delivery of the marketing and communications team. The post holder will be the principal lead for marketing and communications activity across the organisation.
- Managing the marketing and communications team yearly programme of work;
- Supporting the Communications & Engagement Manager in all aspects of the planning, and delivery of a marketing and communications function for the organisation;
- Developing, implementing and evaluating successful marketing and communications plans to support the objectives of the organisation across qualifications, regulation, curriculum and corporate;
- Managing the press office function, in terms of handling media enquiries, issues management, working with key staff to develop responses and effective case management of all enquiries;
- Providing advice, guidance and detailed briefs for management in relation to media issues and in advance of press conferences, interviews and committees;
- The planning and delivery of media training for key staff;
- Developing proactive and strong working relationships with key media, alongside securing positive media coverage;
- Key financial management and budgets responsibilities
The post is a line management role. The post-holder will have responsibility for approximately 4 members of staff.
- 3rd level qualification (degree/diploma/certificate) in any discipline, plus 3 years' management experience in a marketing, communications or press office environment
4 years or more management experience in a marketing, communications or press office environment
- 3 years' experience of developing and implementing successful marketing and communication plans to support the objectives of an organisation
- Experience of managing complex media queries and issues management
- Experience of drafting, editing and managing the production of communications content for a wide range of materials and audiences
- Experience of developing and implementing internal communication plans and social media campaigns
- Managing, developing, and motivating a team effectively; and managing multiple work-streams simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- A high level of verbal and written communication skills Ability to build & maintain strong working relationships (both internal and external).
If this sounds like the perfect next step in your career, or you know somebody perfect for the job then get in touch today for more information!
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Sasha Boyle, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96935515 ?