MCS Group is currently recruiting a Product Marketing Executive for an innovative manufacturer of high-quality medical products. A salary of £35k + 10% bonus will be on offer for the successful candidate.
Currently exporting to over 30 countries through a network of 40 distributors, plus its own offices in Japan and the Netherlands, the Group has great people, great resources and is incredible successful with numerous awards for their work.
Reporting directly to the Insights and Product Manager this role support and facilitates the management of current products and services together with the development of new products and services. It will lead to new innovations across global markets and a user-based approach to all messaging, communication and development of both service and product propositions.
This involves gathering, analysing and directing market insights and identifying clearly those which we should progress to inform new innovations across global markets and managing the development and launch of new products and the product life cycle in line with our overall product portfolio management strategy.
- Provide analysis and input to support the creation of strategic targets for product portfolio management based on commercial strategy
- Facilitate the management of products through their life cycle by maintaining/creating the product life cycle template and managing products through this
- Plan product management activities strategically with key stakeholders within the Commercial Team and consult on product positioning
- Provide support to the Product Manager by maintaining the Artwork Control Log, and the Complete Product Catalogue, assisting with Stock Keeping Unit management.
- Owning full responsibility for product packaging and its timely delivery, with the support of key internal stakeholders such as R&D, Operations, Quality, Marketing, Purchasing, Accounts
- Liaise closely with the Insights Executive to fully understand and use customer insights to translate into requirements
- Creation of specification documents 'User Requirements Specification' and 'Market Requirements Specification' for new product introduction
- Project manage commercial aspects of product launches to markets
- Collating product information (codes, descriptions, quantity, measurements, capacities)
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor activity
- Actively encourage and closely monitor post-market feedback and complaints, highlighting any areas for improvement
- Instigate and run any Design Change Evaluations relating to product
- Play an active role in the continuous improvement process
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years product management experience
- Proven experience of managing a product portfolio and developing new products
- Excellent IT skills in Excel, PowerPoint
- Access to transport
- Formal marketing, product design, product/project management qualification
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456