MCS Group is working with one of Northern Ireland's leading employers, an engineering business that has developed a premium customer base across the world, on the recruitment of an experienced Communications professional in a new role.
As Head of PR & Corporate Communications you will be responsible for developing and delivering the PR & Corporate Communications strategy and action plans into all aspects of the business across multiple geographic regions.
Working in a fast paced environment with multiple stakeholders some of the core areas of responsibility will include…
- Leading and managing PR & Corporate Communications through the development of key messages, media management, press office, media briefings and press releases.
- Developing a network of media contacts, ensuring a proactive system of providing regular information on new product launches, product installations, exhibitions and events, as well as offering commentaries on organisational developments and any other stories of interest.
- Devising and implementing a strategy for promoting the organisation in the local, national and international arena, with particular emphasis on national and regional press, industry specific publications in line with business development goals, as well as specialist trade press and trade associations.
- Taking responsibility for PR and communications surrounding key events, exhibitions and events, masterclasses and workshops including advertorial campaigns.
- Lead and co-ordinate corporate communications - copywriting of the Annual Review in liaison with the marketing team, regional managers and Heads of Sector, development of briefings and speeches of the Board, Leadership Team on organisational related issues and management of the internal communications programme.
We are looking for a communications professional with excellent interpersonal and social skills, oral and written presentation skills, as well as the ability to relate to a wide variety of people with different interests and needs.
You should meet the following criteria…
- Experience at a senior and strategic level in a PR role involving the management of corporate communications, promotion and PR.
- Experience of developing effective systems and procedures to ensure a consistent and professional output from the work of the department.
- Experience of compiling and managing a budget for a PR/Marketing Department to include payroll and non-payroll elements and with responsibility for cost centre management.
- Experience of using websites and the internet to support corporate communications
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package and will have plenty of opportunity to progress within the company.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Karl Webb, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.