MCS Group is working exclusively on the recruitment of an Account Manager on behalf of ICC Belfast where you will play a key role in building a pipeline within the corporate market and maximising commercial opportunities within a multi-award winning conference facilities.
This is a hugely exciting time for Northern Ireland, and Belfast particularly, as the city is primed to attract a growing number of visitors from across the globe. Recently re-branded, the ICC Belfast (International Convention Centre) is already a multi-award winning venue and is attracting an array of organisations within the international conference market. This is a fantastic time to be involved at the very heart of Belfast's economic strategic agenda.
Reporting to the Head of Conference Sales the Account Manager will play a key role in generating, nurturing and securing sales through the implementation of the sales strategy. You will be responsible for driving sales and revenue streams for corporate conferencing and ensuring that the customers' expectation and experience of ICC Belfast is exceeded through the right balance between value for money and the provision of excellent customer service.
Summary of responsibilities & personal duties:
- To develop and maintain strong business relationships with corporate clients to ensure continuing association with ICC Belfast
- To generate primary revenue for ICC Belfast in relation to all manner of sales, particularly the corporate market, and maintain customer relationships to ensure repeat business in accordance with our sales strategy and business plan.
- To assist in the maintenance and growth of an integrated up-to-date database of customers, bookings, sales and marketing information.
- To meet agreed weekly and monthly targets in terms of inbound and outbound sales calls and activity
- In conjunction with marketing team plan, develop and participate in national and international sales activities including trade shows, corporate events, networking (day and evening) and outbound sales calls to ensure corporate sales growth
- To produce timely, accurate professional reports relating to sales, for the purpose of assisting management forecasts, planning, programming and departmental meetings
- To ensure quality systems are created and maintained for correspondence and documentation, so that customers receive consistent, professional service at all times
- To respond to all customer enquiries in a timely manner in line with agreed standards
- To act in accordance with company policies and procedures including customer care, equal opportunities, health and safety and any pertinent legislation
- To fully understand and use the CRM system ensuing all sales activities are recorded and contact details are up-to-date.
- To have in-depth working knowledge of our venues, and of the competition locally, nationally and internationally, and to keep up-to-date with developments within the conference and meetings industry.
- To participate in all appropriate and relevant induction and in-service training and in the induction and support of all newly appointed staff.
- To work with other key partners to ensure successful bids/wins for the venue and the city, particularly Visit Belfast.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the business.
- To undertake other such relevant duties as may from time to time be required.
- Applicants must possess a minimum of 5 GCSE's (Grades A-C) including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants must have at least 2 years sales experience in a professional business-to-business environment
Skills and attributes:
- Applicants must have proven organisational ability, good oral and written communication skills and possess drive and enthusiasm.
- Applicants should have a full current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland, and a car available for official business; or access to a form of transport which will enable the applicant to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- In addition, applicants should be computer literate, with a good knowledge of database and spreadsheet packages, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
Salary Guide: Circa £25 - £30k, plus NILGOSC defined benefit career average pension and excellent benefits.
A list of Core Competencies and desirable criteria is included in the Job Description:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a winning team and an organisation that is focused on driving the local economy, delivering world class facilities and service to its clients.
To apply for this post, please send a comprehensive CV that details your relevant qualifications, experience, current salary package and work history along with a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Closing date for applications (CV and cover letter) is Monday 18th February at 12pm.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Karl Webb at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.