In-House Lawyer - Danske Bank
MCS Group are absolutely thrilled to be representing Danske Bank, who wish to recruit an in-house Lawyer on a full-time permanent basis.
As an in-house Lawyer within Danske Bank's legal team, you'll provide advice and guidance concerning legal and regulatory issues to internal stakeholders within the Bank as well as the preparation and perfection of some bank security and other documentation.
What you'll do
As in-house Lawyer, you'll:
- Work as part of the in-house team to provide legal advice and guidance to bank staff, in particular in the areas of financial services regulation, security, private client and general commercial issues.
- Deliver a quality, timely and cost effective legal service by personally delivering high quality legal advice, research, reporting and recommendations.
- Undertake own work on a daily basis with limited supervision required (depending on level of complexity/risk). Exercise sound judgement as to when it is appropriate to escalate matters.
- Support the Head of Legal and other Lawyers by undertaking such tasks as may be required by them.
What qualifications / experience will you need?
- Qualified solicitor or barrister - would suit 1 to 3+ years PQE.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and manage strong relationships at all levels.
- Research, investigative and analytical skills.
Preferred - at least two of the following:
- Experience of acting for a financial institution.
- Experience of advising on regulatory matters.
- Experience of advising on general banking queries.
- Experience of advising in relation to technology and digital initiatives.
- Experience of advising on payment services regulations.
- Experience of drafting and negotiating commercial contracts.
- Experience of advising in relation to GB residential and commercial property.
- Experience of taking corporate security.
- Experience of advising on consumer credit.
- Experience of advising on litigation and complaints.
- Detail conscious and methodical approach to work.
- Able to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Ability to cope with ambiguity and changing priorities.
- Proven influencing skills.
- Strong communication skills at all levels including the ability to explain complex issues in a clear, concise manner.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive annual salary, depending on experience.
- 40 days' leave per year (30 days' annual leave plus 10 paid bank holidays).
- Company pension contribution - Danske will contribute up to 10% of your salary.
- Funded private medical care provided by Benenden.
- Access to 'Danske Discounts' offering discount on a wide range of products and activities such as eating out, fashion, accommodation, motoring and gym membership.
- Financial support for Further Education after successful completion of 12 months service.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- A highly flexible hybrid working model
- Inclusive culture, one which embraces diversity, where differences are seen as a strength and where people feel valued and realise their full potential
- This is a full time role at 35 hours per week.
We'd love to hear from you. If you would like to apply, please make sure your CV includes enough detail to show how you meet the criteria we've set out here.
To submit your CV, click 'apply'.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity, please contact Ryan Calvert at MCS Group 028 96 935519
If you have a disability, which means you require assistance during any stage of the application process, please call Ryan Calvert on 028 96935519.
Danske Bank is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.