Corporate Counsel - Global Fortune 100 Company - Belfast
MCS Group is delighted to be representing global Fortune 100 company based in Belfast, who currently have an opportunity for an ambitious and driven Corporate Counsel on a 12-month contract basis. While this is a temporary role initial, this role will slot into an expanding team in Belfast, with the potential for permanency longer term.
The Contracts team sits within the legal function. This is a new team to the organisation that will be focused on drafting and review of global commercial contracts for all segments within broader business.
- Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of contracts, including technology, services, testing, marketing and advertising, contract manufacturing, purchasing, supply, national account and others;
- Drafting sweepstakes, promotions and marketing programs;
- Working with internal clients to ensure agreements accurately reflect the business needs and protect the company;
- Counselling business clients on risks in agreements;
- Working with the regional and substantive lawyers around the world to ensure agreements properly reflect Enterprise risk tolerances, and are otherwise drafted and managed in accordance with Enterprise Board Resolutions, Policies and Procedures;
- Working with outside counsel on a limited, but as needed basis; and
- Maintaining excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues.
Skills and Experience - Essential:
- Ability to draft agreements efficiently and independently;
- Solid work history and a strong track record of success with mid to large clients;
- Superior drafting and communication skills;
- Strong academic credentials; and
- The ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with business clients and legal colleagues.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in Northern Ireland, or England and Wales ;
- We are seeking candidates with 5+ years of legal experience
- Three years of contract drafting expertise, with a preference for in-house legal experience;
What is on offer
- Globally recognised Fortune 100 organisation
- Highly competitive salary
- Opportunity to work from home
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan Calvert, Manager for Legal, HR and Compliance at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud Sponsor of the Law Society of Northern Ireland
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.