Youth Assembly Support Officer
£32000.00 - £33000.0 per annum + annual leave + working hours
MCS Group is delighted to facilitate a large public sector client with the recruitment of a Youth Assembly Support Officer with a 6 month full time temporary contract. Competitive package & free parking.
The Client - This public sector organisation is situated in an ideal setting throughout the Greater Belfast catchment area.
The Role: This credible role will sit within the Education - Youth Assembly team.
Duties will include but will not be limited to the following.
- Working directly with a diverse group of young people aged 12-16 to facilitate the day-to-day work of Youth Assembly Committees both online and offline.
- Facilitating maximum participation of Youth Assembly Members through regular contact and support.
- Supporting the delivery of online and offline events and activities associated with the Youth Assembly.
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of the plenary sittings of the Youth Assembly.
- Assisting in the design and delivery of a training programme for members of the Youth Assembly.
- Assisting in designing and delivering communications plans and activities, including through social media and digital platforms.
- Assisting in the administrative work associated with the delivery of the Youth Assembly.
- Collating and preparing the agenda and papers for online and face-to face meetings in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attending meetings, minute taking and capturing actions/notes and proactively following up on actions to ensure timely delivery.
- Record keeping, capturing, and reporting data to inform the development of the programme.
- Researching and preparing accurate and timely information.
- Reviewing all incoming correspondence and prioritising next steps as necessary.
- Drafting correspondence ensuring that work is accurate and presented in the corporate format.
- Using electronic systems to produce accurate and timely statistical information or reports to assist decision makers.
- Effectively using Microsoft Office and bespoke internal software systems and databases to prepare, produce and present documentation including letters, memos, presentations, and reports of a consistently high quality.
- Checking and processing invoices for payment through electronic payment system.
- Managing information and records in accordance with established policies and statutory requirements; and
- Carrying out other duties that are reasonably required of you.
The Person - Ideally suited candidates will have:
At least a primary degree, minimum 2.2 classification, in any subject.
Applications will be considered from applicants with formal qualifications of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated;
At least two years' experience in a) - d) listed below:
OR Four years' experience in each of the following:
- The provision of participative youth led-projects e.g. delivering projects where young people are facilitated to make decisions and have their views heard on issues that matter to them;
- Planning and organising workload using own initiative to deliver high quality work to deadlines;
- Communicating accurately and clearly (both in writing and orally) complex or detailed information to stakeholders such as colleagues, managers, customers or members of the public; and
- Contributing to the planning, allocation, monitoring and evaluation of resources e.g. people, finances.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Meghan Hamilton, specialist recruitment consultant at MCS Group 028 96935508. If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
MCS Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **