Youth Assembly Coordinator
£39000 - £41000 per annum + Excellent AL allowance and working hours
MCS Group is delighted to facilitate a large public sector client with the recruitment of a Youth Assembly Coordinator with a 6 months full time temporary contract. Competitive package & free parking.
The Client - This public sector organisation is situated in an ideal setting throughout the Greater Belfast catchment area.
The Role: This credible role will sit within the Education - Youth Assembly team and has functionality with specific oversight of the Youth Assembly Support Officer.
Duties will include but will not be limited to the following.
- Supporting more senior staff in the effective management of the Youth Assembly.
- Working directly with a diverse group of young people aged 12-16 to facilitate the day-to-day work of the Youth Assembly, including supporting young people in their skills development, helping convene spaces for Youth Assembly Members (YAMs) to make decisions, creating an inclusive and positive approach for YAMs to contribute; and keeping YAMs informed and in touch with the goals and purpose at hand.
- Developing and delivering online and offline events and activities to support the Youth Assembly including plenary sessions and committee meetings (smaller decision-making groups).
- Delivering a number of Youth Assembly projects at the same time, often to tight deadlines.
- Engaging with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, to ensure that the voices of young people are heard on legislation and policy.
- Assisting the Education Officer (Youth Assembly) in the development, management and monitoring of policies, processes and procedures in relation to the Youth Assembly.
- Designing and delivering a training programme for members of the Youth Assembly.
- Reviewing records, data and metrics and drafting reports to support decision-making by senior staff.
- Developing communications plans and materials, producing/approving content for publication on social media platforms and the Youth Assembly website, and ensuring that this information is up to date.
- Attending, participating in, and managing meetings, visits and other events in support of the work of the Youth Assembly; ensuring these are carried out effectively and that accurate records of business are maintained.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at various levels.
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of activity and implementing changes and improvements as required.
- Producing high-quality written material such as articles, reports, online communications, and presentations which are suited to the target audience and purpose.
- Working on your own initiative, to deliver an agreed set of outcomes.
- Managing and developing individual staff members to ensure the delivery of team objectives and services.
- Undertaking research and investigatory work, providing timely and accurate analysis and recommendations to assist in the drafting of reports and briefing documents to inform decision-making.
- Carrying out other duties that are reasonably required of you.
The Person - Ideally suited candidates will have:
At least a primary degree, minimum 2.2 classification, in any subject. Applications will be considered from applicants with formal qualifications of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated.
At least three years' experience in a)- d) listed below:
Five years' experience in each of the following:
- Taking the lead in the provision of participative youth led-projects e.g. leading projects in which young people are helped to identify and discuss issues; make decisions; and have their views heard on issues that matter to them whilst also communicating those views to a range of stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders such as colleagues, managers, elected representatives, departmental officials, and other external stakeholders to ensure a high-quality service and achieve tight deadlines.
- Providing excellent oral and written communication with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders including developing high quality written material (e.g. articles, reports, online communications and presentations).
- Leading and managing individual staff members to ensure the quality, accuracy and timeliness of work.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
MCS Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **