Systems Engineering Manager (Project Manager)
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Technical & Engineering
MCS Group is delighted to be exclusively working with our global client based in Belfast, to recruit a Systems Engineering Manager (Engineering Projects Manager) for their rapidly expanding team.
Our client's team, deliver cutting-edge solutions to defence and aerospace companies the world over. They are Europe's number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems working with incredibly advanced technology. Recently in Belfast, a flourishing application area is that of space-borne satellite technology
The role of Systems Engineering Manager:
In this role, you will work within the engineering group as the Systems Engineering Manager (Engineering/Project Manager), where you will apply your experience and skills to lead a multidisciplinary team to design and develop innovative technical solutions to meet customer's requirements.
The role covers all aspects of the solution and product life cycle, from requirements capture and analysis through system specification, concept studies, modelling and simulation, design and development, system integration, validation, and qualification.
Key responsibilities will include:-
Defining and delivering the strategy, plan, costing and implementation of the overall engineering solution ensuring that the engineering activities are managed, within constraints, through the lifecycle of the project from detailed requirement generation, development, integration to verification and validation.
The successful candidate:
- You will have a bachelor's degree (BEng, BSc) in a Numerate, Scientific, or Engineering subject or Higher Education/equivalent training and experience.
- The role will require proven experience of and participation in one or more of the following activities:
- Managing the development and validation of innovative and cost-effective solutions and their architectures that meet the design requirements within the constraints of the programme budget and schedule
- Managing engineering delivery across multiple disciplines acting as a focal point for the resolution of all issues, problems, questions, and conflicts across engineering activities.
- Evaluating system requirements and establishing the feasibility and design approach within the area of expertise
- Specifying system design criteria within the area of expertise, particularly with respect to performance, engineering features, interfaces and testing requirements
- Monitoring and analysing technical progress to ensure compliance against the design requirements and schedules.
- Preparation of technical reports, development specifications and test documentation
- Ensuring compliance to related design processes and procedures
- Working with sub-contractors and customers to agree on design specifications
- Communicating at all levels in the spoken and written word to senior management, staff, customers and stakeholders.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Kirsty Dillon Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5510
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google