Strategic Improvement Manager - Part Time
£66000 - £67000 per annum + Excellent AL allowance, Hybrid working
MCS Group are delighted to be partnering with a large public sector organisation based in Ballymena in their search for a Strategic Improvement Manager - Finance and Procurement on a part-time basis.
As Strategic Improvement Manager, you will work with the director and staff within the department to deliver improvements by commissioning cost effective, efficient, high quality, responsive, robust and integrated services in line with the organisations responsibilities and corporate priorities.
You will be responsible for the improvement, development and review of a portfolio of services including:
- Strategic Finance & Planning
- Financial Policy & Controls
- Statutory Finance
- Capital Finance & Treasury Management
- Financial Accounting
- Rates Estimates and Setting Rates
- External Grant Funding
- Computerised Financial Systems
- Income & Payment Management
You must be a fully qualified accountant and have three years' management experience in a Finance function to include
- The production of financial statements for a large, diverse organisation, with a turnover in excess of £15 million, in line with best practice and relevant accounting standards;
- Successful development and implementation of financial policies and procedures;
- Leadership of a finance function supporting and advising senior stakeholders on strategic and operational financial matters,
- A proven track record of budgetary control.
and general management experience in the following areas:
- effective management of resources including budgets, people, systems and/or policies;
- Successful delivery of services;
- Effective management of staff in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development;
- Experience of successfully managing change.
This is a fantastic opportunity to widen your Public Sector commercial experience with longer term potential! You will receive the following:
- £66k per annum full time equivalent
- 22.2 hours per week
- Fantastic exposure to a large organisation's development
- You will be joining a fast paced, growing organisation at an exciting time for progression
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Adam Stinson, Manager Public Sector Contracts at MCS Group 028 96935504.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.