Software Engineer C/C++ (Can Provide Sponsor)
£40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
IT & Digital
C/C++ Software Engineer - Network Emulation
** Sponsorships can be provided for this role **
Location: Stevenage, Herefordshire
About: My client's focus is on developing cutting-edge software for network emulation, with a particular emphasis on complex networks used by companies to simulate high user loads simultaneously. They are different from your typical tech company. Their product is a PC-based software network emulator. You'll have ample opportunities to make a significant impact by taking ownership of the back-end application. The team is a close-knit and collaborative one that values innovation
Architectural Innovation: Lead the charge in developing and evolving their system software. Ensure it remains highly performant, scalable, flexible, and easy to maintain as requirements evolve.
Development Excellence: Estimate project timescales based on implementation outlines. Then, roll up your sleeves to develop and deliver top-quality software within those deadlines.
Quality Assurance: Play a pivotal role in supporting quality-oriented activities. Your mission: Deliver a product that consistently delights their customers.
Technical Mastery: Leverage your expertise in Linux, C/C++, and real-time processing to process packets in real time. Multithreading will be your ally as you tackle complex network scenarios.
Innovation Drive: Think outside the box and innovate. They are not just looking for code; they are looking for creative solutions to complex networking challenges.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Linux development, adept with the GNU suite (makefiles, gcc, gdb).
- Strong C programming skills; familiarity with C++ and object-oriented techniques.
- Multithreaded programming experience.
- Logical and analytical thinker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
What's On Offer:
- Salary up to 60k
- Opportunity to take ownership of the back-end application.
- Flexible working
- Hybrid work model for work-life balance.
- Exciting projects at the intersection of innovation and gaming.
- Electric car salary sacrifice scheme
- Buy 10 extra holidays P.A
- Free on-site gym with 24 hour access
- Life and medical insurance
- Annual bonus
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Jack Tyrrell, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 02038548637 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us 028 9023 5456 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.