Senior QA Engineer
€75000 - €80000 per annum + pension, healthcare, bonus
IT & Digital
MCS Group are proud to once again be working with a leading Finance Company across Ireland as they seek to hire a Senior QA Engineer for their expanding Global Software Development Hub Based in Dublin.
What are the benefits?
- Proven career progression- Dublin is their Global Tech hub
- Varied project work on enterprise scale applications that will challenge you and help you develop your career
- Genuinely flexible work environment to accommodate the additional challenges we all have with adjusting to working from home and home schooling
- Opportunity to have autonomy and genuine ownership of the projects you are delivering upon
- Excellent remuneration package, insurances, and training through certified providers
- A global name which provides stability and professional development
What will I be doing?
-The Senior Quality Assurance Engineer will work within an Agile team as an advocate of Quality.
-The SQA will drive Behavioural Driven Development and Test-Driven Development to ensure business outcomes are delivered.
They will work closely with product owners and developers to provide In-Sprint QA to match the team's definition of Done and provide working software at the end of each Sprint.
-They will ensure quality of both the product as well as the test framework as it evolves. Each Sprint, the SQA will be expected to identify necessary testing strategies and drive their implementation whether it is manual session based, automation or system performance related.
-The SQA will work alongside like-minded, skilled engineers, solving complex problems and delivering great software to support successful, award-winning products. Strong in automation skills, they will lead the Agile team in a shift left methodology to have a high level of automation, of which the key focus should be API level testing.
What do I need?
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in delivering business focussed working software through a collaborative Agile team
- Enterprise system experience
- Experience of undertaking all forms of Functional and Non-Functional testing
- Experience of having ownership of testing for individual platforms including:
- Generating and managing exploratory testing sessions with the whole team
- Executing exploratory testing sessions
- Test coverage and status reporting
- Experience of supporting current automation tools and practises in use such as:
- BDD automation using Cucumber-JVM, SpecFlow and Fitnesse
- Loadrunner and JMeter for Performance Testing
- Experience of GUI automation using Selenium Webdriver, Test Complete and QTP
- Experience of working within Agile development teams with a BDD approach to help define and refine requirements.
- Experience of analysing and identifying key areas for automation using development skills, data manipulation skills and scripting skills
Desirable Skills and Qualification
- Relevant Testing Qualifications such as:
- ISTQB Foundation - Software Testing
- ISTQB Combined Software Testing Foundation and Agile Extension
- ISTQB Foundation - Agile Tester Extension
- ISTQB Software Testing Foundation and BCS Intermediate
- Agile Software Testing Courses
- Certified Agile Tester (CAT)
- Introduction to Acceptance Test-Driven
- Testing in Agile Environment
- BCS Intermediate - Software Testing
If you are interested in this position, please reach out to me on:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 1699 4105