Senior Procurement Specialist
Technical & Engineering
MCS Group is delighted to work with a real NI success story, a large innovative manufacturing company started in Northern Ireland and known globally for its products. I am recruiting a Senior Procurement Specialist ona permanent contract.
Want to work for a genuine industry leader?
Want flexibility to work from a number of sites, as well as some home working?
You will be responsible for;
- Strategically managing the acquisition of goods and services for the organisation, with a strong focus on international freight services.
- Lead tender processes
- Manage suppliers and contracts
- Assist with the strategic transformation of indirect spend areas.
Other responsibilities include spend data analysis, management reporting, sustainable procurement and direct procurement support.
Key areas of the role will be;
- Leading competitive tender processes, including the preparation of tender documents, evaluation of bids, negotiation of terms and award of contracts. Including, but not limited to international freight agreements.
- Management of suppliers & associated contracts. Ensuring the efficient and effective resolution of issues and fulfilment of agreed performance level
- Strategic procurement transformation of cross site indirect spend areas
- Assist in the development and execution of an indirect procurement strategy and policy
- Creating procurement spend reports
- Identify innovative procurement solutions that provide savings and process efficiencies for the organisation
- Contribute to building, managing and maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Assist with direct procurement spend areas as and when required.
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline
- Extensive proven procurement experience
- In-depth knowledge of procurement principles and practices
- Previous experience in project management and negotiation, as well as cost and price analysis
- Working Knowledge of SAP S4 Hana or equivalent
- CIPS qualification or equivalent.
Full details, including leading salary and package will be provided upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96 935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.