Senior Manager - Real Estate (ALT)
Up to £90000.00 per annum
MCS Group is delighted to be working alongside a leading global law firm who are looking to add a Senior Manager to their Real Estate team. This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a firm where you will be constantly learning and growing which is designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals.
They recognise that the success of their business and clients relies on the skills, knowledge and ideas of all their people. Their environment is one in which high performance is expected, in return, they will provide you with rewards and opportunities tailored to your personal and professional goals.
The Role The successful candidate will work as part of the ALT Real Estate senior team, leading on the delivery of Real Estate transactions, asset management, and due diligence projects.
This will involve working closely with the London Real Estate team and liaising directly with clients and counterparties. Senior Managers will build and strengthen relationships with clients, acting as the lead lawyer on the matter and as a key point of contact.As experienced senior lawyers, Senior Managers are expected to work closely with the Head of Real Estate and supporting to deliver key strategic and commercial objectives, growing revenue in line with annual targets, delegating to, supporting and managing the team/more junior colleagues, assisting with new client pursuits and business development activities and maintaining best practice in relation to financial management. Limited travel, including to the HSF London office, may be required from time to time.
The Alternative Legal Services business delivers high quality, cost-efficient legal services for document or information intensive, defined process work.
The team works in a complementary and seamless way, offering a combination of legal expertise, process efficiency and client technology solutions to our clients. The key products and services of our Alternative Legal Services business include document review, regulatory claims assessment, due diligence, verification commercial contracts, funds' repapering, client technology services (including advisory and document review software) and asset management for real estate clients.
- Deliver excellent client service and manage and deliver discrete pieces of legal work.
- Build and strengthen relationships with clients, acting as a direct point of contact.Be responsible for some management and delegation of work to and support of junior colleagues.
- Manage workload to support optimal utilisation; assist senior team as required, acting as lead lawyer; delegate and provide feedback to juniors and communicate progress on tasks to supervisor and team members, consulting and offering solutions on technical client issues; and manage the billing process as appropriate.
- Manage, develop and strengthen client relationships through anticipating client needs and expectations; and provide prompt responses and updates on progress.
- Make an effective contribution to the firm, working closely with the Head of ALT Real Estate and the wider ALT senior leadership team to further develop the ALT Real Estate practice.
- Comply with risk requirements, firm policies and all relevant professional responsibilities and legislation and contribute to billing, engagement and client acceptance processes.
- Liaising with clients and teams in London or elsewhere in the firm as required on fee-earning or other projects.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law, providing technical excellence in relation to the relevant specialist areas of the ALT Real Estate practice.
The successful candidate:
- Qualified solicitor in England and Wales or Northern Ireland. Republic of Ireland or other common law jurisdictions will be considered. (If not qualified in England and Wales then willing to complete process to requalify as such, if required).
- At least seven years' relevant PQE (unless exceptional circumstances exist, in which case please submit a supporting statement outlining why you are an exceptional candidate (including relevant skills and experience).
- Extensive experience in transactional real estate, operating at Senior/ Managing Associate level.
- Strong legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills.
- Advanced level people management and business development skills.
- Solid understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budgets.
What is on offer to you:
- Competitive base salary based on experience
- Exceptional benefits package
- Hybrid working policy
- Opportunities to grow within the firm
- Work within a multinational law firm
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Samuel Neilly, Legal Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 02896935502 .
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs