Senior Finance Officer
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
Finance & Accounting
MCS Group is delighted to be partnering with a charity-based organisation based in Belfast to recruit for a Senior Finance Officer on a full time or part time, permanent basis.
This voluntary organisation has been working for over 50 years to reduce crime and its impact on people and communities across Northern Ireland. They work with a range of people in the community including young people, families affected by imprisonment and adults in prison.
The post holder is a member of the Central Services Support Team and will report to the Finance & Corporate Services Manager. The post has the central responsibility of maintaining accurate and up-to-date payroll ledgers. The post holder will also post journals, and cover for Creditor functions as required.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Payroll using Sage Payroll 50 for approximately 100 -140 staff, ensuring payments to HMRC, Pension provider, GAYE, and union are accurate and timely.
- Reconciling staff timesheets to post sheet for claims, and salary processing.
- Ensure payments are received in a timely manner and chase up any outstanding monies owed.
- Issue invoices as required to funders on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Support Programme Managers to produce Claims to Funders Monthly /Quarterly as required - and provide backup material as requested by Funders.
- Process income cash book postings for all sites.
- Ensure Accounting Systems are maintained, working in partnership with Accounting System Supplier.
- Prepare and post journals to the accounting system for preparation of Management Accounts including Salaries and preparing salary allocation spreadsheet.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Accounts - Quarterly / Year End.
- Inputting of Budget to Accounting System.
- Providing information for external/internal auditors.
- Timely Reconciliation of Key Account Controls.
What You Need to Succeed:
- 2 years' experience of payroll
- Experience in a busy finance function
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to supervise to ensure the workflow is prioritised
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced holiday contribution
- Enhanced pension contribution
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruth Cox, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 90490864
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.