Senior Firmware Engineer - Navigation Tech
£60000.00 - £60552.00 per annum
IT & Digital
Exciting Opportunity for a Senior Firmware Engineer - Navigation Technical Solutions
Our client, a global leader in precision engineering, is seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer to join their dynamic Electronics Team within the Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will play a crucial role in product design, focusing on enhancing testing procedures for both hardware and firmware. Reporting to the Electronics Manager, this role offers the chance to work remotely under the Hybrid Flexible Working Policy.
The Senior Firmware Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of product design, from feasibility to production. The primary focus includes improving testing procedures for firmware and hardware. The ideal candidate will have expertise in validating and verifying hardware and firmware against customer requirements, shaping design and testing processes, and collaborating with other departments to ensure high-quality product designs with robust evidence.
Expertise / Technical Competence:
- Use real time operating systems, appreciation of this, good for people to have used this
- Firmware development in C/C++ (mostly C)
- Writing firmware to be run on an embedded system
- Experience managing 2-3 projects at a concurrent time
- Experience with code quality
- Working for a company that makes products
- Experience with inertial sensors or Digital Signal Processing
- Practical networking experience (Ethernet, CAN, etc.)
- Mechanical/system design experience
- Willingness to commute to offices in Middleton Stoney when required
- Full UK driver's license for company test cars and business travel
- Ability to travel overseas occasionally
Salary and Benefits:
- Up to £60,552.00 per annum (depending on experience)
- Discretionary profit share bonus
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Workplace pensions, Group Income Protection, Death In Service Scheme
- Hybrid Working Policy (1 day in office required per week)
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Jack Tyrrell, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 02038548637 or send an up to date CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us 028 9023 5456 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.