Risk & Compliance Director
Up to £45000.00 per annum
Banking & Financial Services
MCS Group are proud to partner with a not for profit financial co-operative company as they seek to appoint an Risk & Compliance Director for their successful Belfast based team.
Full JD available, get in touch
My client are a member owned "Not for Profit" Financial co-operative, owned by members, for the benefit of members. Continuously growing with now 9 branches they are now in a position to recruit a Director within their Risk and Compliance department.
Summary of Role:
As Risk and Compliance Director you will be responsible for providing governance and leadership on all risk categories to the firm, ensuring full compliance with all legislative, regulatory and policy & procedural requirements.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake the role of Data Protection Manager and have a proven track record within the financial services industry or similar, with previous experience in working in accordance with the FCA and PRA regulators. As Risk and Compliance Director you will be required to have a thorough knowledge of the companies principles, controls, and ethics and will manage an ever-evolving compliance hub across the full spectrum of it's services in accordance with the organisational mission and company values.
As a member of the Senior Management Team, you will report directly to the CEO daily and the to the Board of Directors on a regular basis.
- Board of Directors
- Supervisory Committee and Internal Auditors
- Senior Management Team
- Risk & Compliance Committee
- All employees
- Regulatory Bodies
Some duties and Responsibilities:
- To contribute to the overall development and delivery of the Group Strategy giving particular focus to strategic financial considerations.
- To support and advise the Board, its Committees, the CEO and the Senior Management Team on the operational, strategic and policy considerations relating to best practice, compliance and integrity in the management of the financial function
- To input to and support the development and delivery of a Corporate Governance strategy for the organisation.
- To brief the Board Members, Executive (Director) Level employees and the senior management team on relevant obligations relating to Corporate Governance, Policies, Procedures and Protocols.
- To support the CEO in the review of proposed legal/contract documentation and ensuring that the interests of company are adequately protected.
- To support the CEO, ensure effective management of all legal documentation including, for example, title documents, trademark registrations, M&A agreements etc.
- To review and update where relevant, for approval by the CEO and/or Board, the Rules, Policies and Agreements which they have in place, or should have in place relating to the broader management of finance and resources.
- Assessment of M&A opportunities.
- Associated due diligence exercises.
- Completion of all relevant documentation arising from purchase/disposal agreements and assume responsibility for the fulfilment of pre and post completion undertakings.
- Liaison with Lawyers
- To ensure that all M&A transactions are compliant and consistent with the overall Governance policy.
- Co-ordinate the timely preparation of financial reports, attending Board Meetings as required to deliver relevant reporting.
- Provide succinct reporting to CEO and/or Board specifically relating to the delivery of the Business Strategy.
- To support the CEO, direct approach to Risk Management including the development and delivery of branch and group risk registers.
- To manage and co-ordinate the implementation of strategies aimed at mitigating identified risks including the provision of appropriate business continuity plans.
- To report to the Audit and Risk Committee (or Board) on all matters relating to Risk Management.
- Ensure that all contractual relationships are properly documented and controlled;
- To review and advise on the legal aspects of contract negotiations e.g. procurement contracts, supply agreements, service contracts etc.
- Role model an empowering leadership style that incorporates the values of collaboration, respect, accountability and high performance - expecting evidence of a similar commitment from management and staff across the organisation.
- Provide clear direction on the Operational Plans required for full, complete and timely delivery of the companies strategy.
- Tracking, as part of your leadership and management role, the delivery of strategy through appropriate performance metrics
Health & Safety
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health & safety legislation and best practice.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement in health & safety
- Ensure that all Health & Safety documentation e.g. policies, SOP's etc. are regularly reviewed and recorded.
- To ensure the Group have an appropriate Corporate Communications Strategy that powerfully addresses our interests in:
- External and Internal Communication protocols.
- Community Engagement (for each community within which we hold branches)
Corporate Policies and Systems
- Actively support the CEO create and/or review Group Policies and Systems across a range of specific areas such as:
- Communications Policy - internal and external
- Data Protection
- Human Rights
- Quality Assurance
The successful candidate will be an experienced leader and manager of the Compliance Function within an organisation.
We are seeking a person who can demonstrate a record of career progression through various business and compliance functions within a complex business environment.
- Demonstration of consistent career progression leading toward a minimum of five years' full-time experience at Management or Director level, within the last five-year period, in management of a compliance function within an established organisation.
- A proven track record of having effectively managed a multi-diverse team.
- Will have held a position of Data Protection Officer.
- Developed and implemented a compliance strategy with input to a broader strategic plan.
- Ability to demonstrate experience within the development of a series of robust processes, procedures and policies regarding the safeguarding and management of the compliance function.
- Evidence of external stakeholder engagement including the preparation of reporting and compliance with regulatory frameworks.
- Liaison with external agencies and regulators.
- Responsibility for all compliance and regulatory policies and processes to include but not withstanding of Health and Safety, HR, GDPR, Financial, Operational and Legal Functions within the organisation.
- Evidence of having contributed to the delivery of an agreed corporate vision, business strategy and compliance strategy.
- Ownership and effective management of adherence to non-negotiable policies and procedures.
- £45,000 DOE
- 25 days + 11 stats
- 10 % pension
- Sick pay - 6 months
- Private Medial
- Flexi hours
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Matthew Woods, Principal Consultant
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs