Research Officer - European Affairs
£48734 - £49000 per annum + Excellent AL allowance, Hybrid working
MCS Group is proud to be partnering with a well-known Public Sector organisation, based in greater Belfast, in their search for a European Affairs Research Officer initially on a 3 month temporary basis with potential for extension.
This role forms part of a large team of researchers across multiple disciplines where each Research Officer will be responsible for their own specialist area (in this case, European Affairs), and also to collaborate with the wider team and other external stakeholders to provide a comprehensive research service. Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- The provision of timely, accurate, high quality and impartial research and analysis to individual external and internal stakeholders
- To retrieve, synthesise and analyse information from a wide range of regional, national and international sources, including online databases.
- Responsibility for authoring Research Papers that are published prior to the Committee Stage of the organisations process.
- The production of a range of research outputs, including customised research papers, legislative analysis briefings, financial impact assessments, blog posts, data visualisations and digital dashboards. Research must be drafted to publication standard; be well written, concise, and accessible. Research conclusions can propose recommendations on ways forward for stakeholders as required.
- The presentation of research briefings to committees and responding to committee members' questions in public and closed sessions. Research briefings can include making recommendations on potential lines of questioning of Committee witnesses and departmental officials.
- To advise committees on subject specific aspects of forward work programmes and inquiries that focus and assist scrutiny, including input to establishing terms of reference, identifying key issues and research requirements.
As the successful candidate, you will meet the following criteria:
- Be in possession of at least a second-class honours degree (or equivalent or post-graduate qualification) relevant to the subject area in this case, European Afffairs. You must be able to demonstrate how you meet this criteria
- Have at least two years of work experience in:
- Conducting objective, evidence-based research; and
- Producing and delivering evidence-based research findings to help inform discussion and decision making relating to policy development.
As the successful applicant, you will receive the following:
- £48,734 per annum
- Excellent annual leave allowance
- Hybrid working arrangement
- You will be joining a warm, friendly team environment with a fantastic organisation
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Adam Stinson, specialist recruitment consultant at MCS Group
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs