£25400 - £26400 per annum
Science, Pharma & Food
MCS Group are proud to be partnering with NI Water to recruit a Quality manager for their site in Derry. The successful candidate will take on the responsibility of developing and continuously improving Analytical Service's quality management system in accordance with ISO17025:2017 and other regulatory standards.
As the Laboratory Site Quality Manager, you will play a vital role in ensuring compliance with the requirements of ISO17025:2017 and other regulatory bodies such as the Drinking Water Inspectorate , the Northern Ireland Environment Agency (NIEA), UKAS, and BSI guidelines. You will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management, coordination, and monitoring of the overall quality of the Quality Management System (QMS). Additionally, you will manage internal and external quality assurance schemes, maintain controlled quality documentation, and support the formulation of Laboratory Policy on Analytical Quality Assurance.
- Liaise with the AS Quality Managers to ensure compliance with ISO17025:2017 and other regulatory standards.
- Coordinate audits and reviews of Quality Assurance in accordance with UKAS requirements.
- Manage internal and external Quality Assurance Schemes.
- Compile and maintain controlled quality documentation, including the Quality Manual.
- Support the AS Quality Managers in formulating Laboratory Policy on Analytical Quality Assurance.
- Address customer concerns, inquiries, or complaints and maintain compliance with relevant clean and waste water supply regulations.
- Ensure compliance with current Health and Safety Legislation as applied to Laboratories.
- Implement instructions from Analytical Services Technical Managers.
- Review existing procedures and propose changes for continuous improvement.
- Foster a culture of learning, continuous improvement, and best practice.
- A third level qualification (HNC/HND/Degree) in a relevant scientific discipline and 12 months' practical analytical experience in an ISO17025 accredited laboratory or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of water industry chemical and microbiological analysis.
- Working knowledge of Drinking Water & Waste Water Regulatory Compliance.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively managing stakeholder relationships, including regulatory bodies and external customers and suppliers.
- Membership of or working towards membership of a relevant professional body (e.g., Royal Society of Chemistry or Institute of Water).
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Flexibility to work varying hours, including standby/on-call, weekends, and bank holidays.
- Full current driving license or access to transport for travel to other NI Water sites.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Senior Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.