£48734 - £50204 per annum + £4796 Salary Supplement
MCS is proud to be partnering with the Northern Ireland Assembly, to recruit a talented Procurement Manager to join their team in Stormont.
This is an amazing opportunity for an enthusiastic procurement professional, who will be responsible for the groups indirect purchasing.
This will be a 7 month contract with the possibility of extension.
This role will involve:
- Provide procurement services to a variety of stakeholders
- Assist various areas with defining their operational needs
- Develop procurement and contract strategies
- Insure departmental compliance in relation to Public Contract Regulations
- Manage direct reports
- Risk and contract management
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) and at least 2 years' experience in each of the areas detailed at (a) - (d). Applications will also be considered from applicants who have membership of accredited procurement organisations considered to be equivalent to MCIPS.
- At least 4 years' experience in each of the areas detailed at (a) - (d).
The experience specified above at 1 and 2 must be in the following areas:
- Successfully leading and managing procurement exercises with individual values greater than £100,000 which were conducted under Public Procurement Regulations.
- Business case and specification development in professional support, understanding and defining of a client's needs. This should include advising clients, at a senior level* within an organisation, on business cases, specifications, procurement strategies and risk management.
- Managing and prioritising a diverse workload including the use of technologies.
- Managing, developing and motivating staff to ensure effective service delivery and specific outcomes.
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of the relevant law, regulations and guidance relating to procurement e.g. Public Contracts Regulations 2015 and evidence of providing advice on these at a senior level within an organisation.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.