Pitch & Proposals Manager
Sales & Marketing
MCS group is currently working alongside a global Professional Services organisation to recruit a Pitch & Proposals Manager for their Belfats based operation.
This role is part of the Marketing function which contributes to the setting and achievement of the firm's business objectives, including strengthening client relationships, winning new clients, increasing the visibility of the firm and its brand positioning globally, and supporting partners and associates in their pursuit of becoming their clients' trusted advisers.
As a Pitch and Proposal Manager, you will improve the organisations approach to pitching and as a result, increase the proposal success rate.
- Lead and advise on the most strategic and high-profile pitches and proposals across the EMEA region - driving the process, shaping the team, facilitating meetings, bringing best practice, agreeing strategy and messaging, drafting and reviewing content and coaching pitch teams
- Consult internally to support EMEA partners and BD teams in their pitch activity by helping shape messages, providing guidance and reviewing proposals
- Be a source of best practice for the EMEA pitch community and, through coaching and training, improve the team's pitching skills and help improve win rate
- Help build the infrastructure and tools across EMEA to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the pitch process
- Evaluate and debrief the pitch outcomes for the major pitches and proposals, identifying win/loss themes and work with the Global Head of Pitching to implement areas of improvement
- Collaborate with A&O's global pitch community to ensure new global pitch programmes, systems and processes are implemented to help drive innovation and efficiencies
- Report on the regions pitch activity, performance and results
- Work closely with Marketing Technology team to help identify, implement and socialise new technology into our pitching processes
- Build relationships with external experts and bodies to keep on top of industry best practice
- 5 + years' proven track record of leading and advising on successful cross-border/complex pitches and proposals, preferably in a professional services environment
- Credibility and first-rate influencing skills, to influence partners/fee earners and shape their approach to pitches
- Strong project-management skills to lead the firm's most important cross-team pitches successfully
- Good commercial understanding of the markets in which the firm operates and be prepared to get up-to-speed on relevant products or sectors quickly
- Sensitivity to local nuances in terms of proposals best practice, and the ability to build rapport with partners and BD professionals based across the network
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ryan McMahon, Specialist Consultant on 02896 935 528.