£30100.00 - £30250.0 per annum + 35 days holiday
The Role will consist of:
- Support Payroll manager, supervisor, and pension admin by ensuring proper, accurate and timely payment of council employees and members.
- Deliver a payroll service ensuring timely accurate payments in accordance with relevant legislation
- Liaise with HR to ensure maintenance and security of employee records
- Assist in the development of a payroll system/amendment of payroll procedure
- Assist with payment of pensions
- Assist with processing of statutory schemes (sick, maternity/paternity etc)
- Respond to queries
- Maintain master records of payroll data
- Assist in preparation of annual rates estimates and budgeting projection
- Assist in updating payroll costs to general ledger
- Maintain, control and calculate holiday entitlement for employees
- Assist within processing of severance and redundancy scheme
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 5 GCSEs (or GCSE equivalent) including Maths and English
- 2 years relevant experience including processing of payroll, pensions and HMRC regulations
- Regular use of computerised payroll systems
- Use of Microsoft office package
- Awareness of technical aspect of payroll/admin/best practise/legislation
- 3 years + experience in the above
Whats in it for you?
- An excellent opportunity to work with a large public sector organisation
- 35 days holidays
- £30,200 annually
To speak in confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Meghan Hamilton, Specialist Recruitment Consultant on 02896935508 or on email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. MCS Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs