Operations Graduate Analyst - Investment banking
£24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
Banking & Financial Services
MCS are proud to be partnering with a leading investment bank in Belfast as they seek to appoint a Operations Graduate Analyst for their successful team.
Our client is a global firm of professional intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world's financial, energy and commodities markets.
Operating through a diverse range of core businesses, the firm creates strong networks in person and through technology. They provide comprehensive analysis and insight into market conditions and long-term trends, combining data, knowledge and intelligence into contextual insight and commercial guidance. By engaging with their clients, and providing innovative products and services, they enable their clients to transact with confidence, facilitating the flow of capital and commodities around the world, enhancing investment and contributing to economic growth.
They are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to their clients. Above all else, they Respect their clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of their cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
The successful candidate will be part of a team primarily responsible for running & monitoring internal reconciliations, from a completeness, accuracy and timeliness perspective. As well as the timely and accurate production of a suite of daily, weekly and monthly MI reports containing multiple KRIs (Key Risk Indicators) and exception details from various sources across the organisation.
The reporting is used by the operational teams and Senior Managers for governance and management of their operational teams in order to make strategic, tactical and operational decisions. The team is also responsible for creating and developing MI packs and internal reconciliations, for senior management and operations. Partnering with internal stakeholders (Ops teams, Tech, Risk, Compliance) to create and enhance these.
- Timely and accurate completion of all BAU tasks (Performing daily reconciliations, MI production)
- The escalation of issues to management in a timely and succinct way
- Creation and maintenance of team procedures
- Maintenance of the teams skills matrix to ensure there are no key person dependencies
- Perform oversight of all team processes and existing reconciliations
- Develop and improve team processes and workflows in order to reduce manual touchpoints
- Ensure multiple key targets and deliverables are met whilst maintaining high standards in accuracy
- Delivery of high quality reliable management information and reporting
- Partner with operations teams and senior management to develop, maintain and continually enhance presentation materials for internal stakeholders
- To provide lead/support on any relevant project, under the direction and oversight of your manager
- Fulfil any additional or ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of our business
Experience / Competences
- Must be legally eligible to work in the UK
- Proficient Excel Skills (Formulas, Pivot, Conditional formatting)
- Very good communication skills - verbal & written
- Skilled in Microsoft applications software (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc)
- Experience with manually Visualising MI (Excel, Charts)
- Highly skilled in Presentation of Data (PowerPoint, Power BI)
- Experience in the Financial markets IB/IDB
- Proactive problem-Solving ability (Excel)
- Operational Experience
Salary / Benefits:
- Excellent graduate basic salary on offer - £24k +
- Discretionary bonus
- Health Cover
- Company Pension
- WFH Options
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs