£48000 - £60000.00 per annum
Technical & Engineering
MCS Group are proud to be recruiting a MEP Coordinator for UK leading multi-award-winning building services contractor for their Head Office in Banbridge.
As an MEP Coordinator, you will be integral to expanding BIM, Pre-Construction, Design, and Operations teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to contribute to our innovative projects and be part of a company that invests in its teams and facilities.
- Examine and evaluate BIM models for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems to ensure consistency with project design criteria and standards.
- Diligently review MEP drawings for accuracy, detail, and alignment with BIM models and project requirements.
- Implement and oversee quality control procedures for MEP modeling and drawing production.
- Propose innovative design solutions for efficiency, sustainability, and cost-effectiveness of MEP systems.
- Identify potential risks or challenges related to MEP installations, suggesting pre-emptive measures or solutions.
- Engage with equipment and material suppliers to ensure accurate incorporation into BIM models.
- Attend BIM coordination meetings to discuss model progress, clashes, and resolutions, collaborating with other disciplines.
- Monitor project timelines, flagging potential delays, and coordinating with project managers for resolution.
- Track and manage design changes, ensuring prompt reflection in BIM models and drawings.
- Use tools like Autodesk Navisworks for clash detection and resolution.
- Ensure MEP designs comply with local codes, standards, and project requirements.
- Regularly review and update internal MEP coordination and BIM procedures, providing feedback for improvements.
- Maintain records of reviews, feedback, and coordination activities, ensuring proper documentation.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the BIM team and offsite fabrication and onsite operations teams.
- Provide guidance/training to junior team members.
- Work closely with project managers, engineers, architects, and other disciplines for a holistic approach to project design and execution.
- Regularly communicate project status, challenges, and updates to associate director and other key stakeholders.
Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth MEP design knowledge.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Understanding of project management principles.
- Ability to work effectively in interdisciplinary teams.
- Analytical thinking and adaptability.
- Leadership capabilities.
Strong building services background with a minimum of 5 years' experience with MEP installations on commercial scale projects.
Relevant third-level education in building services, construction, or project management.
Competent understanding of mechanical systems in medium to large commercial projects.
Proficiency in Autodesk Navisworks for Coordination review.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Packages.
- Full in-house training and career development opportunities.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Health cash plan.
- Free annual health check during working hours.
- 30 days annual leave, increasing in line with length of service.
- Social events organised for all employees throughout the year via our Health and Well being committee.
- Secure, free onsite parking.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Senior Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
nt review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.