Media Relations Executive
Sales & Marketing
I am delighted to be working alongside a leading global law firm operating in over 30 countries to recruit a Media Relations Executive to join their growing team based in Belfast.
As a Media Relations Executive, you will work closely with global team members to deliver strategic media relations in support of the firm's brand and business goals and which make the firm stand out in the minds of clients.
- Supporting the planning, execution and reporting of the media relations strategy for priority areas across the business.
- Identifying themes and issues on the news agenda which create the opportunity to position the business as a leading global law firm, with a distinctive, forward-thinking reputation that will excite clients and other key stakeholders
- Writing compelling content for media pitches and briefing sheets as well as media releases for deals and lateral hires
- Triaging incoming media enquiries and working with people across the business, including the HR and finance teams, to source responses to journalists requests
- Supporting the London-based global media relations team with requests, arranging media interviews and roundtables, social media and tracking coverage
- Collaborating with wider marketing and communications teams globally to deliver multi-channel, impactful campaigns
- Managing suppliers, including the media monitoring agency
- Playing an active part in our media hospitality and engagement programmes, as well as building and cultivating relationships with journalists
- Co-ordinating award entries and legal survey responses
What you will have
- Proven expertise in delivering successful PR/media relations and dealing with stakeholders including communications professionals and media
- Experience in working in or with banks and private capital institutions
- A passion for PR, relationship building and the ambition to learn from a senior team, driven to succeed, a team player and ready to take the next step to advance their career
- Confidence to work with people at all levels, including lawyers, journalists and our international communications colleagues
- Ability to identify and develop compelling stories for the media
- Ability to network internally and externally with key stakeholders
To speak in absolute confidence about this position please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Molly Stevenson, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 969 355 22.