£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
Technical & Engineering
MCS Group is working alongside our Leading Manufacturing Client, who continue to invest heavily in state-of-the-art machine tools, with the key appointment of an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join the Team in their Portadown facility.
As the successful Manufacturing Engineer, you will choose the best technologies and processes to enhance the manufacturing process; plan and design the factory producing this niche product; and manage the running, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the overall process.
This company offers a relaxed environment, utilising high speed machining technologies coupled with engineering know-how to remain at the forefront of their specialism.
What we have to offer:
- Salary: £35-45k depending on experience
- Holidays: 31 days incl. stats (plus Christmas Closure)
- Hours of work: Monday - Thursday 07.00 - 16.00 and Fri 07.00 - 12.00noon (or Mon - Thu 8-15 and Fri 8-12)
- Health plan
- Free Parking
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
Your day to day:
As the successful Manufacturing Engineer, you will ensure all manufacturing is carried out in the most time-efficient and cost-effective way while still maintaining overall product quality.
- Evaluating quality control processes and making recommendations for improvements
- Analysing and reporting on production processes, methods, schedules, downtime, cycle times, availability of machines and waste management
- Ensuring that the organisation's manufacturing processes comply with relevant policies and government laws and regulations.
- Reviewing and calculating the costs of the different tools and equipment in the production process
- Analysing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment placement to maximise manufacturing efficiency.
- Establishing an effective work sequence
- Provides manufacturing decision making information e.g. calculating production/material costs or supporting make or buy decisions.
- Design CNC programs using CADCAM
- Lead operations improvement activities and identify and implement best practise manufacturing methods improving quality and productivity and reducing waste/cost.
- BEng or BSc qualification in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Manufacturing Engineer
- Ability to understand and translate complex information
- Strong diagnostic and problem-solving capability.
- Communicates effectively, one to one and in small groups, written and verbal.
What to do next:
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Paul Muir Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5530
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.