MCS Group have been engaged to support one of the most sought after employers in Belfast as they open up a rare opportunity within the legal division.
Our client are a thriving division of a multinational organisation with operations spanning the breadth of the globe and across multiple business streams including technology, entertainment, media and sport. With a hub office based here in Belfast and a global office network across major cities, this award winning business is strongly placed to grow and succeed in the years ahead whatever direction the economic climate should take.
The Legal Counsel position is a sole legal position within Belfast but is supported by a wider team based on the East Coast of the USA. The role sits within the site leadership team and is a key advisory position, supporting commercial decision making and risk analysis for significant ventures. Core responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on all issues pertaining to the digital and technology businesses operating in its international territories
- Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of commercial contracts, including strategic partnerships, sponsorships, vendor & supplier agreements, and technology & software licensing agreements (MSA's, SAAS etc.)
- Counsel on the legal implications of emerging technology products and services, including compliance with laws in all relevant territories (e.g. data protection & privacy, consumer protection, digital services, and platform regulations).
- Support finance, sales and account management teams, including maintaining and updating standard business T&Cs, termination and dispute resolution advice, debt recovery, and responding to RFPs
- Advise on marketing and advertisements, including promotions, contests & sweepstakes, and other marketing initiatives
- Supporting the business on its growth strategy advising the business leaders on the exploration of acquisition targets in other territories and keeping abreast of the risks and opportunities in existing markets
- Act as liaison to the Group legal and compliance function to obtain guidance on legal issues relating to Cyber Risk/Security, Data Protection & Privacy, Corporate Secretarial, Litigation, Intellectual Property, and other areas as required
- Manage external counsel in foreign territories appropriately and within budgets
The ideal candidate for the Legal Counsel position would meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Solicitor (UK/ROI) with a minimum of three years relevant PQE (more preferred)
- Past experience within Commercial Contracts, data Protection and Regulatory Compliance
- Awareness of Competition/Anti-trust law, IP and Litigation
- Past exposure to matrixed or multi-jurisdictional environments and matrixed businesses
- Strong preference for experience within technology-related issues, in particular software licences and data privacy
The successful candidate for the Legal Counsel position can expect an attractive base salary designed to secure the best available talent, alongside a genuinely unique benefits package that includes enhanced pension, bonus, private medical and a range of bespoke benefits that are unique to this business.
For more information or to speak in confidence, contact Phil Clarke at MCS Group email@example.com 0289935516