IT Support Engineer
MCS Group is delighted to be working with a Government funded body who specialise in environmental research as they look for an IT Support Engineer to join them on a temporary contract. This Support Engineer will join as soon as possible, with a contract initially until the end of March 2024.
- Provide technical support for the IT infrastructure, business applications, and scientific systems across all sites.
- Offer technical support for Microsoft Windows 10 (and above) operating systems in a Microsoft domain environment (knowledge of other Windows versions is desirable).
- Assist in the technical support of business and scientific equipment.
- Participate in IT device and service reviews.
- Collaborate with the primary government IT service provider to ensure timely delivery of their services.
- Engage with third-party providers to resolve hardware and software issues, including device connectivity.
- Provide guidance to staff on the effective utilisation of IT resources, operational issues, and the application of our IT policies.
- Assist in IT procurement exercises by offering technical advice and recommendations.
- Possession of a Level 4 or higher qualification in Computing or a relevant discipline related to Information Systems/Information Technology. Only courses with a computing content of 50% or more will be considered relevant.
- A minimum of three years of relevant experience, which includes: a) Supporting, implementing, and administering MS Windows 10 operating systems in a Microsoft domain environment. b) Troubleshooting and resolving computer and device connectivity issues (RS-232, USB, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc). c) Hands-on experience in installing and maintaining computing components and software. d) Proven ability to work independently with timely problem resolution. e) Contribution to the provision of an IT support facility, such as an IT help/service desk and/or department.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Jamie Brown, Associate IT Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence