IT Asset Management Specialist
£38000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
IT & Digital
MCS Group is delighted to be partnering up with a leading, globally renowned law firm with offices here in Belfast. This really is a great opportunity to be a part of an ever-expanding team with very exciting plans, this role will involve joining, inventory, contractual, financial and risk management responsibilities to manage the overall lifecycle of the assets, including playing a real part in the tactical and strategic decision making.
What is the role?
- Be a key liaison point between IT and key third party software suppliers.
- Assist with vendor audits in line with the firms audit processes whilst managing stakeholders and communications to mitigate any risks in a timely manner.
- Have a thorough understanding of complex licence models across Enterprise vendors
- Maintain the integrity of data in the SAM tool by ensuring deployment and entitlement information is recorded accurately and that complex licensing metrics are reflected appropriately.
- Work closely with the Service Desk to educate in relation to SAM processes and governance, developing / maintaining workflow approvals for the automation of software requests for the firm.
- Contribute to the SAM strategy and governance processes to make process efficiencies whilst ensuring the level of risk and exposure is minimised.
Who do we want?
- Highly motivated, self-starter, who will undertake all activities to the highest professional standards.
- Comprehensive understanding of data analysis principles and processes, collating information from various sources.
- Ability to manage ambiguity and conflicting priorities working across functions or projects as required.
- High level of personal credibility, impact and influence with a proven ability to work effectively and persuasively at all levels of the business.
- Proven experience conducting detailed data analysis.
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
- Minimum 2/3 years practical experience of software licensing or software asset management within a complex IT environment.
- Degree qualified - preferred.
- Minimum "A" level standard education.
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) - desirable.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Stuart Kennedy, Specialist IT Consultant at MCS Group 02896935515
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs