IP Solicitor / Trade Mark Attorney - Global Firm
IP Solicitor / Trade Mark Attorney - Belfast - Global Law Firm
MCS Group is delighted to be working alongside a leading Global Law firm operating in over thirty countries, as they look to recruit an IP Solicitor or Trade Mark Attorney to join their world-leading team on a full-time, permanent basis.
This is a brilliant time to join the firm as it goes through a period of growth. In this newly created position, you will play a central role in helping to build the Brands Group as it expands its practice. This organisation is also the only magic circle firm to offer a trade mark and design prosecution practice.
They offer rewarding careers that are built around your strengths and designed to ensure you can achieve your personal and professional goals, recognising that those may look different for everyone.
- Carrying out availability searches and advising on trade mark and design availability for use and registration.
- Providing advice for trade mark and design filing strategies.
- Filing and prosecuting trade mark and design applications through to registration and liaising with local agents regarding national applications worldwide.
- Advising clients on and dealing with registry objections and brand conflicts.
- Preparing and filing opposition, cancellation and revocation actions.
- Handling inter-party disputes before trade mark registries and supervising overseas disputes handled by foreign associates as well as negotiating and drafting settlement agreements.
- Supervising worldwide trade mark-watching programs.
- Supervising diligence activities and advisory matters relating to brand aspects of corporate transactions.
- Assisting with practice management and business development.
- Supervising and training staff.
The successful candidate:
- Qualified Solicitor or Chartered Trade Mark Attorney.
- 1+ years PQE in trade mark and design matters.
- Intellectual curiosity and versatility.
- Self-starter with the desire and ability continuously to acquire, build upon and share knowledge.
- Strong commercial/business acumen with the ability to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions and advice.
What is on offer to you:
- Competitive base salary
- Flexible working approach
- Private healthcare coverage & Perks Card
- Mental health & health and wellbeing resources
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Rebekah Mulligan, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group on 02890 490910 .
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2023