Interim Financial Accountant - Hybrid/Belfast
Up to £40000.00 per annum
Finance & Accounting
MCS Group is urgently seeking an interim financial accountant on behalf of a key client based in Belfast City Centre.
Immediate need. Hybrid role. Competitive salary & bonuses on offer.
Our client is a market leader in wealth management and capital markets in Ireland. They have offices based in Belfast Dublin, Cork, Galway, and London.
Reporting to the Associate Director, you will work on a variety of areas encompassing financial control and regulatory reporting. This will involve assisting in the preparation of monthly accounts, budgeting, regulatory reporting, and other associated reports.
I am looking for an individual who will excel in a changing environment. You will be a conscientious self-starter, highly organised team player with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Assist in the preparation of the Monthly Management Reporting & Analysis Pack working closely with the Financial Accountant in the provision of all financial information.
- Preparation of regulatory returns in compliance with the Investment Firm Prudential Regime including assisting in the preparation of the ICARA.
- Preparation of daily capital adequacy and liquidity reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and management of monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations and files.
- Assist in the preparation of year end close and IFRS statutory consolidated and subsidiary financial statements in line with IFRS.
- Assist in HMRC compliance particularly Making VAT Digital, Corporation Tax and ad hoc tax projects.
- Working with the wider finance team for Audit Preparation and responding to Audit Queries.
- Assist in the preparation of Income reconciliations, Statement processing and Aged Debt reconciliation.
- Fostering an environment of continuous improvement of internal controls, processes and financial systems, and ensuring processes and controls are adhered to.
- Support the Business teams through implementation, monitoring and ongoing automation and improvement of the Finance system processes to meet business needs and new developments in an effective and efficient manner.
- Participation in other ad-hoc projects as directed by Associate Director and systems developments/improvements.
- Comply with the Risk and Compliance frameworks, policies and procedures.
- Newly Qualified accountant
- Confident pro-active self-starter with a can-do attitude, who can work on their own initiative and meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient data analytical and advanced Excel, Word capability and PowerPoint
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Keen interest in pursuing a career within the Finance team.
Competitive salary & bonuses plus excellent hands on experience for the successful candidate
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Clare Simpson, Specialist Interim & Contract Finance Consultant at MCS Group email@example.com 02896 935499