Indirect Tax Assistant Manager (Remote/Hybrid)
£40000.00 - £43000.00 per annum
Finance & Accounting
MCS Group are working with a reputable Big 4 professional services firm to recruit an Assistant Manager for their award-winning Indirect Tax team. The role will be based in Belfast but can be performed remotely.
Our client's award-winning Tax team is one of the largest and fastest growing tax advisory services in the country. The successful candidate for this role will be well positioned for fast-tracked career development as part of one of the world's most respected organisations.
As an Assistant Manager/Manager based in Northern Ireland, working within a team of indirect tax specialists operating across Ireland you will be responsible for a variety of challenging activities:
- Providing a top-class tax service to a portfolio of clients across a variety of industries;
- Corresponding with both HMRC and clients on the clients' tax affairs, including advising on and submitting UK VAT registrations;
- General duties relating to all indirect tax matters, including delivering VAT reporting, ensuring VAT compliance, and identifying and mitigating VAT risk;
- Liaising with and managing the working relationship with HMRC during routine audits and ad hoc enquiries which may sometimes lead to preparing voluntary disclosures to HMRC;
- Advising on cross-border VAT supplies and the impact of the UK's exit from the EU in respect of the supplies of goods and services to and from Northern Ireland and Great Britain;
- Performing due diligence work in respect of the indirect tax position of UK tax resident entities which are being bought or sold;
- Performing supply chain reviews and working with colleagues in Customs and across the business to help clients optimise their supply arrangements;
- Preparing for and delivering seminars to clients and industry bodies;
- Working as part of a growing team with fellow managers, directors and partners, ensuring the smooth running of the department;
- Involvement in sustaining and growth of client business, proposing and winning new business and positively contributing to the overall development of the practice.
- A proven record of commitment to professional and client service excellence;
- A strong communicator with demonstrated ability to work as part of a successful team;
- Ideally CTA qualified or ACA qualified with a minimum of 1-year indirect tax experience;
- Strong commercial and market awareness.
- Highly competitive salary (£40-43k) with real progression opportunities;
- 2pm Friday finish during the summer months;
- Annual leave of 26 days (plus stats), with the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave;
- Registration with your professional qualification provider;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- Continuous Professional Development;
- Free virtual GP appointments, as well as heavily discounted private healthcare;
- Ongoing emphasis on personal and team satisfaction, ensuring staff are happy and thriving.
What do I do next?
To speak in confidence about this opportunity, please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Ben Cargin, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 9693 5513
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit the MCS Group website to view a wide variety of current and exclusive roles www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same - MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent rating of 4.9 stars on Google.