In-House Lawyer - In-House Legal
MCS Group are excited to be working closely with our client, a leading global law firm, to recruit an In-House Lawyer to join their In-House Legal department.
In-House Lawyer - 12 month FTC
Our client is a global law firm operating in over 30 countries. The nature of the firm's work is increasingly advanced and multi-jurisdictional. The Firm's Risk function has a core responsibility to uphold the values of the Firm and support the strategic objectives of the business. Its lawyers and industry experts provide high quality legal and risk advice to the global firm, its senior management, governance bodies and partners.
Our client is seeking an experienced lawyer to join its expanding in-house legal team on a full time fixed term basis.
The role will entail:
- Structuring and advising on large-scale and strategic projects, including relating to the expansion of the global firm (such as new offices, entities and business lines) and also group restructurings and reorganisations;
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on complex documents relating to group structure matters (including group constitutional and relationship agreements, restructuring documentation, agreements with associated and relationship firms, board papers, etc.) in a systematic, proactive and forward-thinking way;
- Helping to lead the firm's response on regulatory changes impacting on the firm's structure and corporate secretariat, horizon scanning and issue spotting from day-to-day work, advising the firm on the wider risk and arising strategic issues;
- Assisting on the firm's UK corporate secretariat, organising and managing board and partner meetings and all related organisational and planning activities;
- Advising in relation to complex legal and regulatory queries raised by partners and other members of staff, including as regards policy matters.
- Qualified lawyer with a corporate, commercial or tax background, ideally with at least 2 years' post-qualification experience, and sound commercial judgement
- Strategic mindset with horizon scanning and interpretation skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, including liaising with clients and partners
- A proven ability to work independently and proactively and take the lead in driving projects forward to completion
- Self-motivation and ability to manage new and varied challenges
- Excellent attention to detail
- Collaborative approach and ability to work well in a team
What's In It For You?
- Highly competitive base salary
- Flexible, Hybrid working approach
- Private health-care coverage
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks Card
- Mental health & health and well-being resources
- Family and social events, including charity and social committees
Sound Good? Next Steps:
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Samuel Neilly, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 028 96935502 or send an updated CV via the link provided.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.