£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Human Resources & Personnel
HR Officer - Manufacturing Organisation - Craigavon
MCS Group is absolutely thrilled to be partnering with a leading manufacturing organisation based in the Craigavon area, who currently require a highly experienced HR Officer on a full-time, fixed term basis for 12 months. This role also offers a high potential of being made permanent.
To lead, an effective HR function that supports the Company business plan including developing, managing, implementing, and integrating HR policies, programmes and guidelines for the business. This role significantly impacts upon labour costs, recruitment and retention, employee engagement, satisfaction and well-being and learning and development.
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary of £28,000 - £35,000
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- High potential of being made permanent
The main responsibilities:
- Operate as an active member of the HR Team and contribute to the ongoing development and delivery of the business plan.
- Define and deliver effective people strategies throughout the business which underpin organisational success, maximising employee engagement, talent and learning. Assistant in formulating and delivering the HR Plan.
- Managing the HR team and assist the team to support ongoing and future business operations.
- On a day to day basis advise management on employee relations including dispute resolutions, disciplinary hearings, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and share best practice with them
- Act as a challenge function on efficiency and effectiveness across the company to deliver service and profitability.
- Assistant in the development of HR policies and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Support training and development of the workforce and managers, which will include the facilitation of best practice through procurement of external courses and internal training.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies. This may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Ensure that vacancies are resourced effectively, liaising with the resourcing team to deliver timely solutions.
- Manage talent and succession planning - work with managers to build high performing teams.
- Deliver effective solutions to optimise standards, skills, performance and the contribution of people.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Apply appropriate change management tools and techniques to bring about effective organisational and cultural change across the business.
The successful candidate:
- Degree in a business-related area or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2+ years as a Human Resources Officer where a large workforce exists.
- IT Literate and proficient in the use of MS office and Computerised HRMS e.g. PAMS
- A strong working knowledge of employment legislation and HR best practice.
- A high level of confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills
- Associate Member of CIPD
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Rebekah Mulligan, HR Recruitment Specialist at MCS Group 02890 490910
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
MCS Group - Proud CIPD NI HR Awards Headline Sponsor 2022