Head of Platform engineering (Azure)
£80000 - £85000.00 per annum
IT & Digital
MCS Group is delighted to be partnered with an exciting Saas based in Belfast to recruit for a Platform Engineering Manager on a hybrid working basis.
Our client is a successful and homegrown software company based in Belfast who deliver bespoke solutions within insurance markets. They have developed an impressive platform utilising the latest Microsoft technologies and have an impressive growth plan into 2024.
As a head of platform engineering, you will be responsible for the Azure environment working closely with the development team to ensure full performance of the platform within software and infrastructure. You will be working with distributed system architecture with a focus on application security, databases management, cost-effectiveness, scalability and reliability.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take a lead role in an impressive organisation where you will benefit from long term career progression and get the opportunity to build out and lead a team.
Why join this company
- High growth Saas - fantastic tech exposure and career opportunity
- Focus on culture- work collaboratively - your ideas matter
- Take a step into management role and build out a team
- Highly competitive salary DOE £75,000 - £85,000
- Company pension
- Competitive holidays + bank holidays
- Hybrid / flexible working options
- Private health
What you will be doing
- Be responsible for all aspects of the azure environment
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps covering build, security and deployments
- Work closely with development teams to ensure the performance of the platform
- Liaise with 3rd party stakeholders
- Be responsible for security and compliance
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and provide strategic input
- Strong experience in a similar role- platform engineering, cloud engineering, devOps etc
- Track record of managing azure environments
- Ability to build ci/cd pipelines
- Knowledge of security, identity management, configuration, networking and databases
- Ideally be Microsoft azure certified e.g Azure architect level or similar
- Have a third level qualification including degree or similar
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please contact Melody Humphreys Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 02896935497 or click the apply button below.