Head of Commercial and Procurement
£52578 - £53578 per annum + Excellent AL allowance, Hybrid working
MCS Group are delighted to be partnering with a NICS organisation who offer an important service in their search for an Head of Commercial and Procurement, initially on a temporary basis.
As Head of Commercial and Procurement, you will set up policies and processes for procurement and contract management. It requires experience of procurement delivery and implementation of effective commercial life-cycle practices. You will set up a commercial function within the finance division of a new department, line managing one new supporting role.
As a key member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will:
- Creating and implementing procurement policies and processes to provide an effective commercial function with robust corporate governance in line with public sector regulations.
- Tendering and procuring contracts to service operational requirements and to utilise the most appropriate routes to market and secure value for money outcomes.
- Contract and supplier relationship management, ensuring that contracts are properly managed to ensure maximum value is achieved in each contract and poor contract delivery is addressed.
- Lead and support corporate reporting for the Commercial function, servicing internal strategic and external regulatory requirements.
- Experience of leading procurement and commercial contracts within the public sector.
- Strong negotiation skills to drive excellent commercial outcomes and manage commercial risk.
- Proven track record of negotiating contract terms and contract management.
- Substantial experience of running tender exercises compliant with Public Contract Regulations. Wider knowledge of contract law and tailoring standard forms of contracts as well constructing tender documentation packs.
- Must be able to provide and receive highly complex, sensitive or contentious information, negotiate with senior stakeholders on difficult and controversial issues, and present complex and sensitive information to large and influential groups
As the successful Head of Commercial and Procurement, this is a fantastic opportunity to widen your Public Sector commercial experience with longer term potential! You will receive the following:
- Grade 7 salary
- Excellent flexible/hybrid working options
- Continuous personal development plan
- You will be joining a fast paced, growing organisation at an exciting time for progression
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Adam Stinson, Manager Public Sector Contracts at MCS Group 028 96935504.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same… MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.