Group Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Construction & Built Environment
MCS Group is proud to work with one of NI's most sought after employers, to recruit a Group Health, Safety and Environmental Manager to join their award winning team.
Whats in it for you?
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Work with a leading Energy company
- Excellent benefits package, salary + bonus scheme
- Work locally in Northern Ireland with no real UK travel.
- Help drive the country's renewable energy forward
Reporting to the Asset Management Director, you will have overall responsibility for developing, implementing, and overseeing all aspects of our HSE programmes, policies, and systems.
The successful candidate will work closely with HSE representatives across the business to ensure our HSE goals are delivered. We are seeking an experienced HSE Manager who is passionate about instilling a culture of safety in the workplace for all employees.
Day-to-day, here's what your new role would look like;
- Develop our ISO and ISO certified HSE management systems to ensure continued certification and compliance with legislation, regulations, and safe systems of work.
- Chair the Group HSE Committee which includes senior leaders and HSE representatives from across our businesses - Renewables, Flexible Generation and Customer Solutions.
- Lead the Group HSE team, ensuring the employees are supported and developed in their role while delivering our HSE goals.
- Prepare monthly HSE reports which are communicated up to and including board level.
- KPI tracking and benchmarking against best industry practices.
- Oversee HSE audit programs and inspections, report on assurance ratings and manage close out of corrective actions.
- Ensure appropriate safety training is conducted regularly and safety equipment is maintained in line with standards.
- Maintain thorough incident, accident and emergency response plans and ensure that they are tested, communicated and adhered to across the Group.
- Provide advice and expertise to Senior Management on HSE topics and issues.
- Support ISO 55001 Asset Management Standard implementation.
- Involvement in Group projects as required such as facilities management, process safety, and risk management.
- A degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Health, NEBOSH or similar.
- Extensive experience in a similar Health, Safety and Environment role.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively establishing HSE management systems in the workplace.
- Experience of communicating HSE topics at a Senior Leadership level.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in the energy, construction or generation industry.
Full details will be discussed upon application.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Alan Montgomery, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 02896935492
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.