Fund Services - Senior & Junior Admin
Banking & Financial Services
MCS Group are delighted to be working with a leading financial services company based in Belfast.
Our client is a leading financial services company based in Belfast. They are an award winning with multiple sites across North America, EM and APJ regions. They provide a variety of services to their global client base. Now is an exciting time to be joining the company as they continue their impressive growth and expansion.
- To provide assistance to the fund administrators in the administration of funds and other entities.
- To become familiar with the terms of all relevant Instruments and Agreements within the firm
- When required, to ensure the tax status of the entities are observed with the timely completion of tax returns and the payment of any notified tax liability.
- To deal with incoming correspondence expeditiously. Reference should be made to the relevant supervisor where the demands of the correspondence exceed capabilities.
- To prepare detailed attendance notes of any telephone communication and circulate to relevant members of staff.
- When required, to prepare minutes and other meeting documents.
- To take responsibility, under supervision, for being the immediate point of contact on allocated cases.
- To assist with the overseeing of the maintenance of the accounting records and preparation of annual accounts where this forms part of the services provided the company where appropriate, through effective liaison with the Client Accounting Solutions team.
- To assist with the billing process, reviewing billing proformas/draft invoices where appropriate, at established frequencies and to discuss these with the Manager/Director prior to processing
- Ensure that database records and statutory records are maintained and updated.
- To monitor the aged debt position of matters under administration and to liaise with the Accounts Department and Directors to ensure that a tight control is maintained over the value and length of aged debts.
- When required, to undertake periodic reviews of clients' matters in accordance with the timetable set by the Director.
- To ensure that during periods of absence from the office, the relevant manager and colleagues are informed and fully briefed of any anticipated client related matters which may arise during the period of absence. In the event that colleagues are absent from the office to undertake administration of matters allocated to colleagues as required, to ensure the needs of the client are met.
- To escalate any issues/risks arising promptly to the Manager/Directors where appropriate
- To ensure a basic awareness and understanding of local Regulatory requirements.
- To carry out any function/activity reasonably required by the Manager, Management Team or Directors from time to time.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years experience (Junior) 3 + years (Senior) in fund administration, ideally private equity, with a focus on company/board administration
- Educated to A level or degree standard.
- The post holder should be willing to work towards a professional qualification.
- Strong IT skills.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken English).
- An enhanced level of technical knowledge, to include a relevant professional qualification (e.g. ACCA Intermediate level, ICSA Diploma, CIB, STEP Diploma) together with experience at senior administration level in the offshore industry.
- Excellent organisational and client management skills, together with a full knowledge of relevant legislation, and the local regulatory environment. This includes a high level of awareness of risk factors and compliance procedures.
- Market leading remuneration package + benefits;
- Hybrid/flexible working options;
- You will be joining a warm, friendly environment.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence. I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest.
Please contact Matthew Woods, Recruitment Manager - email@example.com