Finance Support Assistant
£22500.00 - £23500 per annum + hybrid working, flexi time
MCS Group is delighted to be assisting our public sector client with an experienced finance support assistant requirement. FT Temporary post, hybrid package to Coleraine, 5 days a week.
The Client - This large public sector organisation has won awards for promoting a fantastic culture, particularly noted amongst the finance function. A hard-working team who operate throughout a hybrid structure of 3 days in total on site and 2 at home (once training is completed). Credible exposure to a range of systems and further potential opportunities.
The Role will consist of the following typical duties:
- Deliver day-to-day administrative support and deal with all relevant queries for the work area.
- Processing income and payment transactions
- Where a query arises in the financial operations, liaise with the relevant budget holder and take appropriate action to ensure prompt resolution and strict adherence to the policies and procedures.
- Operate Finance systems for the input and output of data in accordance with the organisational internal control policies and procedures.
- Prepare and reconcile financial information in the relevant financial ledgers, ensuring data is properly and accurately processed and that specified deadlines for the completion of the work is met. This will include the upload of IT files to the finance systems.
- Prepare, review and process documentation in accordance with internal control procedures for the relevant work area.
- Operate and adhere to strict control processes and perform control account reconciliations in accordance with the internal control procedures and best practice.
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with the maintenance, development, and implementation of changes within the financial system. Assist in the testing and implementation of all new changes on the financial system.
As the successful candidate you will have the following background and experience:
- 1 years' similar experience of working in finance income/payment transaction post.
- Ability to analyse information and effectively advise people.
- Experience of reconciliation of financial records.
- GCSE Grades A - C in Maths and English Language.
- Microsoft Office experience - Excel specifically
- Experience inputting and extracting data in a financial IT system.
- Experience in a similar large organisation finance dept.
- Book keeping, payroll/pension, sales ledger/purchase ledger experience or qualification
- Intermediate user of Excel
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Meghan Hamilton, Specialist Recruitment Consultant on 02896935508 or on email at email@example.com.
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss. MCS Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity to all.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs