£26691 - £28357 per annum + Excellent AL allowance, Hybrid working
MCS Group is proud to be partnering with the Northern Ireland Assembly in their search for a Finance Clerical Officer for up to 12 months.
This role forms part of a large finance team, and will be responsible for providing administrative support for the full range of activities carried out across the organisation. The Finance Officer will also have responsibility for a range of functions. Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- Check, query and accurately input invoice information onto a Purchase to Pay system, for reconciliation;
- Respond promptly to email, telephone and face to face queries regarding invoice and payment queries; demonstrate excellent customer service skills, particularly when liaising with external suppliers;
- Prepare and check information for a weekly Payrun, ensuring all information has been entered accurately, and valid sign-off is retained for each payment;
- Prepare CHAPS banking payments for any ad-hoc payments required outside of the weekly Payrun, ensuring valid sign-off has been recorded;
- Prepare daily and monthly bank reconciliations and ensure that the finance accounting system is kept up to date for any cash transactions;
- Assist in the preparation of journals for review by management and input manual journals onto the finance accounting system, as required;
- Review bank account balances and ensure any drawdown of funds is requested in line with cash requirements / cash forecasting.
- Managing own work to ensure the delivery of objectives;
- Providing accurate information in a professional and helpful manner by referring to organisational policies and procedures.
- Complying with all Assembly Commission's policies and procedures including Equal Opportunities and Dignity at Work policies and procedures;
- Carrying out other duties that the Assembly Commission reasonably requires of you.
As the successful candidate, you will meet the following criteria:
- One year's previous experience working in a busy Accounts Payable department.
- One year's previous experience in a finance related role, including the purchase ledger and nominal ledger.
- A sound basic understanding of Microsoft packages, particularly Microsoft excel.
As the successful applicant, you will receive the following:
- £26,691 per annum
- Excellent annual leave allowance
- Hybrid working arrangement
- You will be joining a warm, friendly team environment
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up-to-date CV via the link provided or contact Meghan Hamilton (028 969 35508), specialist recruitment consultant at MCS Group
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs