£38000.00 - £42000.00 per annum
Sales & Marketing
MCS Group is delighted to be working exclusively alongside IntoMedia Group, home to The Irish News, Q Radio and Interpress, to recruit an experienced Events Manager, to join their ambitious marketing team.
With a heritage stretching back to 1891, The Irish News is the best-selling regional newspaper in the UK and Ireland, with ambitions to reach a global audience and compete on a global stage.
This role will be supporting the IntoMedia Group, one of Ireland's most successful media groups, independently owned with an extensive track record. It is home to the UK and Ireland's top selling regional newspaper, The Irish News. It also owns and operates Q radio, and the groups' print business, Interpress.
In this aspirational role you will be:
- Responsible for leading the development and implementation of a group event strategy and delivery model. The events strategy should raise awareness of the group's media brands in both the B2C and B2B market, targeting key stakeholders and customers.
- You will be responsible for delivering an annual portfolio of events - growing flagship events (Workplace Employment Awards - largest in Northern Ireland, and a hugely popular sports event - the Ulster GAA All Stars Awards, as voted for by readers, which is held annually at Ulster Hall) and campaigns, but also developing a pipeline of future events built around the group's business objectives, delivering brand enhancing event opportunities that offer commercial return.
- Leading with innovation and creative thinking across the company's portfolio of events to drive brand awareness and brand equity.
- Securing sponsorship to support the delivery and commercial return on events.
- Managing various aspects associated with external events, such as site visits, venue research, production schedules, health and safety documentation, contract writing, purchasing and logistics management.
- Leading other marketing colleagues to support the delivery of small-scale events by providing a consistent set of best practice guidelines, documented processes, planning templates, marketing materials and tools (Outside broadcasts, roadshows etc.)
- Delivering impactful and effective pre and post event campaigns to drive awareness and increase reach, impact, and engagement across multiple marketing platforms (print/ broadcast/ digital/ outdoor etc.)
- Scoping and briefing in the operational requirements such as design and content to an in-house design team/ external provider.
- Event management will include (but not limited to) black tie gala events; awareness raising roundtable discussions, exhibitions, outside broadcasts, and roadshows.
- Leading and managing projects on time and within budget using detailed project timelines.
- Managing the development and use of databases and own events management tools.
- Measurement and analysis of activity against pre-defined targets. Be able to draw conclusions and actively make recommendations to drive improvements.
- Sourcing and negotiating with vendors and suppliers, developing a preferred supplier list.
- Ensure Health and Safety and Risk requirements are adhered to and certificates for events are secured as needed.
- Liaising and building relationships with a range of local and national stakeholders including customers, industry bodies, sports organisations, universities, colleges etc.
- Clearly understanding the media group's business objectives to develop a need-based events strategy, ensuring the events programme clearly demonstrates delivery against KPIs and commercial objectives for the business.
Your background will include:
- A degree-level qualification in event management, hospitality management or a related field is often preferred
- Prior experience in event planning and management is crucial and the ability to present a strong portfolio showcasing successful events you've directed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with a continuous learning mindset and great influencing skills with all levels and cultures.
- Ability to manage cross functional projects and teams.
To speak in absolute confidence about this position please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Molly Stevenson, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 969 355 22.