Environmental Health Officer
£36000 - £37000 per annum
Science, Pharma & Food
MCS Group is proud to be recruiting an Environmental Health Officer for a role based in Newtownards.
Job Summary: As an Environmental Health Officer specialising in food safety, you will play a pivotal role in upholding the highest standards of food safety and hygiene across our community. Your primary responsibilities will include conducting inspections, investigations, and providing expert guidance to food establishments to ensure compliance with food safety legislation. By joining our clients team, you will contribute to the safety and well-being of consumers by promoting safe and healthy practices within the food industry.
- Conduct regular inspections of food premises to assess compliance with relevant food safety regulations and hygiene standards.
- Investigate complaints and food borne illness outbreaks related to food safety, taking appropriate actions to rectify violations.
- Provide educational and advisory support to food businesses, including the development of food safety management systems.
- Issue food hygiene ratings and enforcement notices as necessary, following established protocols.
- Collaborate with local authorities, stakeholders, and colleagues to share best practices and ensure consistent enforcement of food safety regulations.
- Keep up to date with changes in food safety legislation and guidelines, and ensure that they are effectively implemented in the region.
- Prepare detailed reports, maintain accurate records, and represent the department in legal proceedings when required.
- Play a key role in emergency response planning and execution related to food safety incidents.
- A degree in Environmental Health or a related field, along with Chartered Status with the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS).
- Proven experience in environmental health, specifically in the field of food safety, and a deep understanding of UK food safety regulations.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- The capacity to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating adaptability and flexibility.
- A valid UK driver's license and access to your own vehicle.
- A commitment to promoting public health and ensuring food safety standards are maintained to the highest degree
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.