Environmental Health Officer
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Science, Pharma & Food
MCS Group is proud to be partnering with Belfast City Council to recruit an Environmental Health Officer for Belfast Harbour.
To be responsible through a Senior Environmental Health Officer to a Principal Environmental Health Officer for the improvement of the health and quality of life of people in Belfast through the efficient and effective delivery of specific work activities allocated to the postholder.
- To actively participate in and progress through a structured development programme to build the professional experience and competence.
- To proactively liaise with other organisations (public, private, voluntary and community) to enhance the achievement of service and unit objectives.
- To carry out project work as directed by the Principal Environmental Health Officer or Senior EHO.
- To be responsible for organising personal daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered.
- To provide such reports, records and statistical information as required.
- To keep himself or herself informed of all new developments within the area of work to which the postholder is currently assigned through a process of continuing professional development.
- To proactively make suggestions for the improvement of work practices and services provided.
- To participate as required in the training of students and other persons assigned to the unit for training purposes or work experience.
- To participate as directed in the council's recruitment process.
- To occasionally work outside normal office hours and to provide occasional cover for out of hours services such as the night-time noise service as directed by the unit manager.
- To undertake the duties in such a way as to enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the city council.
The successful candidate will:
- be a qualified Environmental Health Officers who hold a Certificate of Registration of the Environmental Health Officers' Registration Board or hold a qualification acceptable to the Board, that is, Diploma in Environmental Health awarded by the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) or a historical equivalent;
- possess a full, current driving licence which enables them to drive in Northern Ireland and have a car available for official business, or, access to a form of transport which will enable them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Ruairi McCann, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 9023 5456
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Not all agencies are the same…MCS Group are passionate about providing a first-class service to all our customers and have an independent review rating of 4.9 stars on Google.