£32800 - £34011 per annum
Technical & Engineering
MCS Group are delighted to present an excellent opportunity on behalf of Loughs Agency. This forward-thinking organisation is dedicated to the sustainable development of the Foyle and Carlingford Areas.
We are currently seeking a talented Development Officer to join their team and make a significant impact on the region's marine, fishery, aquaculture, and tourism development.
This Development Officer will fill a pivotal role within Loughs Agency's Development Directorate. They will collaborate closely with all four Directorates within the Agency and support the Development Manager in conducting research and implementing development initiatives in line with Loughs Agency's Corporate and Business Plans. The role will primarily revolve around promoting development in marine, fishery, aquaculture, and marine tourism sectors, contributing to the growth and sustainability of the Foyle and Carlingford Areas.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the development team to deliver development programs and provide regular analysis and reporting of development activities.
- Research potential sources of funding for marine, fishery, and aquaculture development.
- Work closely with colleagues and managers from various directorates to prepare funding proposals, business cases, and procurement documentation.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of project documentation, including reports and promotional materials.
- Promote the work of Loughs Agency and participate in relevant events and seminars, adhering to public relations and communications strategies.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Report on activities to line management to contribute to the achievement of corporate objectives.
Personnel Specification: Development Officer
- A third-level (degree or equivalent) qualification in a relevant subject such as Tourism Management, Business, Rural Development, Geography, or Environmental Science.
- A minimum of 2 years' relevant work experience, including experience in developing and implementing evidence-based development programs/projects and working in partnership with public, private, and third sector bodies.
- A full current driving license and access to suitable transportation for job-related travel.
- Certification in Sustainable Tourism or Environmental Management.
- Experience in tourism marketing and promotion, including digital marketing strategies.
- Established networks within the marine tourism sector, government agencies, and environmental organisations.