Graduate Analyst - Compliance Investment Banking
£26000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
Banking & Financial Services
MCS are proud to be partnering with a leading investment bank in Belfast as they seek to appoint a Compliance Graduate Analyst for their successful team.
Our client is a global firm of professional intermediaries that plays a pivotal role in the world's financial, energy and commodities markets.
Operating through a diverse range of core businesses, the firm creates strong networks in person and through technology. They provide comprehensive analysis and insight into market conditions and long-term trends, combining data, knowledge and intelligence into contextual insight and commercial guidance. By engaging with their clients, and providing innovative products and services, they enable their clients to transact with confidence, facilitating the flow of capital and commodities around the world, enhancing investment and contributing to economic growth.
They are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence in the provision of service to their clients. Above all else, they Respect their clients and each other, without bias. Employees are expected to uphold the values and principles of their cultural framework in performance of their job duties.
The Compliance Monitoring Associate will work closely with Compliance Monitoring Officers to ensure timely execution of monitoring, surveillance and desk reviews. Additionally, the Compliance Monitoring Associate will undertake daily and other periodic monitoring work, proactively investigating as necessary, and escalate any matters as required.
- Conducting 'level one' assessment of alerts triggered from companies Trade/Order and Communications Surveillance systems.
- Escalating alerts to the Core Surveillance team in London that require further investigation.
- Pro-actively making recommendations on the tuning of alerts within the Compliance Surveillance systems.
- Performing monitoring controls as per Compliance Controls Framework.
- Recording findings from Compliance Controls Framework
- Assisting with the compilation of pre-visit information for Compliance Desk Reviews.
- Assisting other Compliance Officers in real and post trade monitoring of compliance with relevant Exchange rules.
- Assisting with ad hoc work, investigations and project issues as required.
- Remaining informed of changes to the regulatory environment and in conjunction with the Monitoring Team.
- Degree educated, preferably within a STEM subject.
- Skilled in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, responding to urgent queries accurately and effectively
- Flexibility to take on other team roles as the workload demands
- Delivering Business Success - Desiring Quality: pays attention to detail, checks own work for accuracy and quality and takes personal responsibility for achieving quality standards. Sets own goals and targets which improve upon previous performance and constantly strive to exceed existing quality and service standards.
- Previous practical experience gained in a monitoring function within a financial services firm.
- Experience of working in a broking / trading capacity
- Knowledge of financial products within Commodities, Interest Rates, Fixed Income and Equities asset classes.
- Understanding of market abuse and the risks associated with it.
Salary / Benefits:
- Excellent graduate basic salary on offer - £24k +
- Discretionary bonus
- Health Cover
- Company Pension
- WFH Options
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Matthew Woods, Specialist Consultant at MCS.
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit MCS Group to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.mcsgroup.jobs