C++ Software Engineer (1pm finish on Fridays!)
IT & Digital
MCS Group is proud to be exclusively partnering with Andor Technology, a world leader in the production and manufacturing of their market-leading light-measuring solutions. Their world-leading scientific camera products are used across the globe by some of the largest scientific organisations in ground-breaking medical research, space exploration and scientific experimentation. Due to a period of significant growth, they are recruiting for a C++ Software Engineer to join their highly-successful Belfast team.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, develop and rearchitect key software which will be used across the business internally and on multiple award-winning products, ERPs and scientific instruments
- Work with low level C/C++ drivers and SDKs
- Contribute and be a part of a key high-growth project which will be integral to the expansion of the business
- Work as part of a strong and talented multi-functional team of Software Engineers, QAs, Product Managers and physicists
What's in it for you:
- Highly competitive salary depending on experience
- Flexible start and finish times
- Half day Fridays - finish working at 1pm!
- Flexible remote-first work from home policy
- Excellent career progression pathway
- Free parking on-site
- Private medical cover
- Income protection & life assurance
- Enhanced pension contributions
- Enhanced Parental pay
- Participation in a Share Incentive Plan
- Outstanding corporate culture with regular social events and wellness initiatives
Who you are:
- BSc/BEng qualification in Computer Science (or similar) OR 3 years relevant technical experience
- 2+ years of experience using C++
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and the whole software development lifecycle
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Previous experience working with software solutions used within embedded technology such as sensors, electronics or optics would be a bonus
- Experience with Machine Learning of Life Sciences is desireable
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Niamh Hutchinson, Specialist Recruitment Consultant at MCS Group 02890 490 906
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us 028 9023 5456 .
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.